How To Choose The Right Coffee Beans For you!

Are you one of those who drink Java first thing in the morning? Do your mornings feel empty without coffee?

What Are Coffee Beans?

The only fruit of the fruiting shrub species Coffea, which belongs to the Rubiaceae family of flowering plants, are coffee beans. The cherries of the coffee plant, which are harvested by farmers for the coffee trade, contain two "beans," or pips. To remove a layer of gooey pulp, these immature green coffee beans are soaked for two days. Afterward, they are roasted to create a light, medium, or dark roast.

Coffee beans can be ground to a variety of consistencies before being used to make coffee drinks, from fine powders for potent espresso-based drinks to coarse, pebbly grinds for pour-over, drip, and French press carafes.

History Of The Coffee Beans?

Southern Arabia was first introduced to the cultivation of wild coffee plants in the 15th century from Kefa (Kaffa), Ethiopia. The story of Kaldi, an Arab goatherd who was perplexed by the strange behaviors of his flock, is one of the many tales surrounding the discovery of coffee. Around 850 CE, Kaldi is claimed to have tasted the berries of the evergreen bush the goats were munching on and, feeling joyful, made the world aware of his discovery.

Throughout the 16th and 17th centuries, java beans were gradually introduced as time passed. In Britain and her colonies, coffee shops gained popularity by the late 17th century.

Yemen, a region in southern Arabia, supplied nearly the whole world's limited supply of coffee until the end of the 1700s. The seeds of the plant, however, swiftly migrated to Java and other Indonesian archipelago islands in the 17th century and then to the Americas in the 18th as the drink's ubiquity increased. The first coffee plantations appeared in the Hawaiian Islands in 1825.

The Western Hemisphere had the highest output concentration by the 20th century, with Brazil in particular. The late 19th and early 20th centuries saw the invention of industrial roasting and grinding machinery, vacuum-sealed bags for ground roasts, and methods for decaffeinating green coffee beans.

What Areas Produce Coffee Plants?

More than 50 countries worldwide have thriving coffee plantations, with the "Bean Belt" having the best growing conditions. The tropical and sub-Saharan regions of Africa, such as Ethiopia and Liberia, and Southeast Asia, such as the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, and South America are all included in this region. South America is also where the majority of the world's coffee beans are produced, in nations like Brazil and Colombia.

3 Main Types of Coffee Beans

The Coffea genus is incredibly prolific, with more than one hundred different species that fall into three general categories:

Arabica (Coffea arabica):

The majority of coffee produced worldwide is produced using Arabica coffee plant cultivars. Ethiopia is where Arabica coffee beans were first found, and high altitudes are where growers grow them now. (They thrive above sea level.) Single-origin coffees frequently include 100 percent Arabica beans, which are thought by many to be of greater quality than other types due to their smooth flavor and absence of bitterness. Typica, Bourbon, and Caturra are popular Arabica varietals. Currently, Brazil is the world's top producer of Arabica coffee.

Liberica (Coffea liberica):

Liberia is where powerful, high-caffeine liberica coffee beans were first discovered; they have subsequently gained popularity in countries like the Philippines. There are many different flavor profiles, and some beans have a strong bitterness. Excelsa is one of the variations and it grows in Southeast Asia.

Robusta (Coffea canephora):

Robusta espresso is local to sub-Saharan Africa. These beans are a typical sight in blends since their overwhelmingly unpleasant bitter flavors might be less attractive when consumed alone. producers frequently make instant java utilizing robusta espresso beans.

How to Choose Coffee

Casual and serious coffee drinkers alike can benefit from a high-level understanding of the coffee aisle. Here's what to know when choosing your next bag of beans:

Choosing single-origin versus blends:

The best way in which you can experience this is the single-origin coffee beans which will give top quality. In contrast, coffee blends seek balance over purity by combining different beans. Look for a blend if you would like to benefit from the deep, smoky tones of a dark roast: Combining beans will add some body and flavor to an otherwise bitter roast.

Choosing for flavor:

If you are someone who likes the citrusy, zestful, and bright flavors in your cup of joe then you should opt for the light roast, where the coffee beans are roasted minimally to keep the flavor intact. If your likings are towards the caramelly flavor, then give a shot at a medium roast.

Choose a wide variety of flavors from the OKBF website.

Choosing for caffeine content:

Contrasting the widely accepted fact that coffee made with darkly roasted beans contain less than lightly roasted. The darker the roast the more beans will lose the more density in the roasting process when extended as in the process they expand and which leads to losing moisture it has, which in turn impacts the caffeine content.

Select The Roast:

Now that you have all the basic knowledge about coffee beans let's move ahead with the best brand of java beans in the US. OKBF is one of the most premium coffee bean companies and here is the range of products for you to choose from.

Mornin' Kick

This is an aromatic strong roast that is from the exotic lands of Columbia. It has hints of Brazilian Nuts, Grapefruit, and Oak. The best pack for people whole crave

Midday Stroll

These tempting, tantalizing, and flavorful coffee beans are bold and have the essence of brown sugar, hazelnut, and plum in it. These beans are enough to make your afternoons happen.

Chill thirty

It oozes tones of smoky raspberry, anise, and dark chocolate. This exotic blend is from the farmlands of Brazil. Something that you will crave to chill with in the evenings after a hard day.

To Sum Up!

The OKBF coffee beans are from exotic locations like the farmlands of Brazil, the lands of South & Central America, or the mountainous lands of Columbia.

The java beans are roasted fresh and are available right at your doorstep. With the help coffee calculator, the website totals up your need and orders it using the coffee club subscription to get free shipping. Also, don't forget to check out the high-quality coffee merch on the website!