Mirages and smog

The humming of a engine sputters as the motorcycle come to a halt.
"Piece of junk"
a low raspy voice whispers to himself. Looking around all he could see was a baren waste land, nothing but dust and dirt. The next town was two hours away on bike. It would take a whole day to get to that town foot let alone dragging a bike too.

So Shadow was stranded. In the middle of the wasteland he hated. He knew it was dangerous to stand out there in the open. The raiders such as the the Chaos Bringers would come and attack him if he didn't get out of there. The Chaos Bringers were ruthless, if you were of use to them they would take everything and kill you. Despite being the ultimate life force he didn't have the energy to take them on by himself.

So putting the strength he had he was able to bring the bike into a cavern.
"Looks like im staying here tonight"
he knew talking to himself was a bad habit but he found comfort in it. Laying to rest he thought of the coming night, he didn't see any dry twig to start a fire. It was going to be a cold night.

Throughout the cold night he heard the roaring and laughter of raiders, their truck engines just as loud. Shadow was used to this. His eyes started to feel heavy and he slowly drifted to sleep.

Shadow woke up to a loud crash and a Yelp. Quickly getting up he looked to find the culprit. Even with the dim light he could see the figure. Small and
young , no older than nine, big floppy ears of a rabbit, Light cinnamon colored fur and a shade of white circling both of their eyes. They appeared to be a girl due to the feminine voice that being a very quiet and soft one. Her eyes were big and were a deep brown. Dawning and blue tunic with short sleeves and baggy pants cut above the knees.

She was on the ground with the motorcycle laying beside her. She was holding her head, most likely because of the fall. Shadow stood up to interrogate this kid. The young rabbit opened her eyes to see the commotion only to find a tall, dark figure towering over her.