Stopping you from waking the goddess

A while later, the man who carries hate for the sword of death assassin guild was seen walking through a quiet alleyway. All of a sudden, something jumped down from behind him, which got him startled.

"I never knew you could be scared."

The voice sounded familiar, so the man turned around to see the young brother who left before them earlier so he relaxed his guard.

"Younger brother, didn't you say you were leaving because you had something to do? Why are you here?"

"To stop you from going to the temple."

His words sounded confusing to the man who had a slight frown on his face. "What are you talking about?"

The young boy in front of him had always dropped by the bathhouse once every month to get information just like them. So, they considered each other as brothers.

However, right now, the boy wasn't giving him the feeling of a lazy young master that he made them believe, but the feeling of a dangerous killer!

Seeing the young man walking towards him, the man intended to flee as his heart could only register fear and his senses were screaming at him that the boy in front of him is bad news!

As he turned around to flee, he suddenly felt something stuck into his calf, preventing him from moving forward.

Because he went to the bathhouse, he wasn't wearing the regular garb, but a pair of trousers that stopped on his calf and a loose shirt.

Ah Yue Jin walked to stand in front of him while saying lazily. "You are a stubborn type. Even when I explained our rules to you, you still wouldn't listen."

The man widened his eyes in utter shock as he pointed a shaky finger at Ah Yue Jin.

"Y– you..."

Ah Yue Jin nodded before the man could finish his suspicion. He knew what he wanted to ask, so no need to waste time.

"The goddess has been sleeping for so many years and has not been answering prayers, what if your prayer to destroy the sword of death assassin guild suddenly wakes her up and she grants your desire? What then?

My master and fellow disciples are going to eradicate the poison valley sect soon. If I allow you to cry to the goddess, she might or might not wake up, who knows, so the only way is to stop you from going, to prevent bad luck from happening to my family."

"W– what do you intend to do to me? Do you want to kill me?" The man asked in a fear-filled voice. It was obvious how scared he was.

"Why would I kill you? You have to live enough to know that my brothers and sisters do not mind irrelevant people like your brother, unless he committed an unpardonable sin. Have a nice stay in bed for years to come."

The moment Ah Yue Jin said that, he pulled out a bottle from his sleeve, and in a blink of an eye, he chopped the side of the man's neck with the side of his palm, causing the man to feel dizzy.

Then he pulled the man to a sitting position, opened his mouth, and emptied the whole content of the bottle into his mouth.

After making the man swallow it, he watched the man slowly close his eyes to fall asleep, so he smiled.

"By the time you wake up, you'll find yourself paralyzed, deaf, and dumb. Maybe in the future, I might save you, however, that is after my master has conquered Hua Xia kingdom. Hahahaha..." He started to walk away after that.

The man heard everything Ah Yue Jin said, but couldn't react. Slowly his eyelids shielded his eyes as he fell into a deep sleep that would be the end of his normal life to the beginning of his handicapped life.

While Ah Yue Jin was walking around the capital and doing what pleases him, Ah Yue Rong was seen disguised as a guard leaving the capital with other palace guards.

"Let's rest here tonight, we have been on this journey for 4 days and nights already." The captain of the group said.

"Yes, captain."

"But captain, how can we rest here? What if those people come out of nowhere?"

"We just left the capital. We are still far away from the boundary of northern Wei and southern Hua. The last time the emperor's men were attacked, they were in that boundary. We aren't there yet, so shut your mouth and don't jinx us!" The captain snapped at the guard.

"Yes, I'm sorry captain."

The captain snorted and turned away from the guard. He caught sight of a lone guard setting off the things on his horse.

"Hey, you!" The captain pointed at the guard who turned his head to look at him.

"Come here," the captain beckoned with his hand.

The guard left his work and walked in hurried steps to the captain.

"You haven't been joining others in carrying out tasks on this journey. Go with the others and fetch some firewood to make a bonfire."

"Yes, captain." The guard bowed and walked back to his horse to get his bag.

"Hey, what do you need a sash bag for?" The captain frowned at the young boy.

"In case I see fruits." The boy answered before he bowed and trotted towards the people already walking ahead.

The captain shook his head and chuckled, "so intelligent. I wonder why he had been playing dumb all this while."

As they walked into the forest in search of dry woods, some guards went on separate parts in search of games, while the boy with a sash bag followed two other guards in search of woods.

Soon, one of the guards started to gossip. "Do you know why the crown prince suddenly decided to send out a carriage so late at night? Is he fearing that he might be caught?"

The other guard stopped in his tracks and turned to face the person who just spoke.

"Afraid of what?"

"To be caught that he–"

"Whoosh"

"Urgh"

"Thud"

The young boy with a sash bag stopped and looked at the one who just killed the curious guard by slashing his throat and frowned slightly.

This guy doesn't seem like the regular type of guard and from the information she got while pretending to be someone else, she heard that the crown prince doesn't have strong and professional fighters except Mo Lu who was his right-hand man.

...

Available on Webnovel with more chapters.