Chapter 17

Ciel's POV: I woke up to the harsh rays of sunlight coming in through a part of the window that wasn't covered by a curtain. I covered my face by burrying it in Alois's chest. It was no use. I was still awake. I laid flat on my back, and thought back on the last month of my life. It had been pretty awful. I decided to get dressed in something comfortable, then I went to the kitchen to make some tea for me, and coffee for Alois. When they were finished, I decided that I was going to go check on Mey-rin. I knocked, and a hoarse voice said. "Go away.", and I deliberately disobeyed that voice. She was bawling her eyes out on her bed. I walked over to her. "Are you okay?"I asked. She shook her head violently. "I...killed two...people!"she said in between sobs. I hugged her. "How do you...not hate me?"she asked. "You were protecting us. You would hurt anyone who tried to hurt us, and that shows how much you care for us, so we forgive you."I said in an attempt at consolation. It seemed to calm her down. "It's true. I'd do anything to keep you two safe. You guys are like brothers to me. " she said. "Thanks, Mey-rin. Want any coffee?" I asked. "I'm fine, and how are you not crying?" She asked. "I've already cried myself dry. I don't want to ever cry again."I said. And with that, I walked out the door. I grabbed the drinks off the counter, and took them to my room. I set them on a table, then tried to wake up Alois. I flipped on the lights, and his eyes shot open. He looked at me with a pleading expression. "Please let me sleep."he begged "No, I didn't make you coffee for nothing."I said. He got dressed in the bathroom, then walked to the table to get his coffee, then sat on the edge of the bed next to me. I stared at my cup as he drank in silence. I had found myself unable to drink it. I set it down, and flopped back on the bed. Alois did the same. "It's kind of hard to believe that they're gone."he said, grabbing hold of my hand. "I know. It's almost surreal. I'm not sure what I should be feeling right now, but I feel lost. I wonder if it's different for everybody when they lose a loved one." I replied. "It probably is."he said. I shut my eyes and sighed. "Ciel, look at me." Alois said. I did so. He kissed me once on the lips, and said "Things will get better, I promise." "I know, it just takes so long for the shock and pain to wear off." I said. And since it was very early, and we were very tired, we fell asleep once more.