~{[2]}~ Nightmares

Arshin's POV

Standing across the room near my window ,he was smiling at me. The room was painted dark with no lights , even the soft sparkles of the moon that used to illuminate the dull room a little bit was absent. But still , i can make out easily that there is definately someone standing beside the window half of their body covered by the curtain as if trying to hide themselves in the darkness and that it was not just my hallucination.

And then my doubts are thrown out of the window when i see blood red eyes glinting in the dark . I tried screaming but no sound came out of my lungs as if I lost my voice . I tried again and again and again but it was useless .

His grin was growing bigger as he took in my  shivering and helpless state and then the expression etched on his unrecognisable face  turned into something horrific.His fixated stare pierced through my body making it even more numb than it was before and i knew this is not going to end well for me , that something bad is going to happen .

The shadow shifted with my eyes following its every movement . I then realised it is moving towards me shortening the distance between us. I closed my eyes trying to move my body for one last time. He was close. He was so close!!

I woke up panting heavily gasping for air .My breathing was uneven with my chest heaving up and down frantically with each deep breath I inhaled . Sweat trickled down my face and the white cotton t-shirt that I wore last night to bed was now wet and is sticking to my back . I looked around my room making sure that it was nothing real. My eyes automatically move towards the window which to my relief was closed like i remember it was last night before going to bed.

'It happened again. They are back.' Closing my eyes I took a final deep breath convincing myself that it was just a dream , an aftereffect of watching marathon of The Conjuring series. Atleast thats what I used to tell myself everytime .I am obsessed with the horror movies because they provide the exact adrenaline rush in my body that I crave so much. Yeah! I'm an adrenaline junkie what can I say. So i always ended up blaming them for the nightmares. But I'm very well aware that its not as simple as it looks , that the problem runs much deeper .

The rays of the sun refracting through the glass windows lit up my room enough for me to know that it was already morning. I groaned looking at the parcel I received yesterday lying on top of the flimsy corner table. Trying my best to ignore the box i looked again at the window that was throwing beams of light on the dark wooden floor as well as on my face .

I looked at the clock on my bedside table which read 7:30AM . 'Shoot!! Im late' . Throwing my blanket off me I jumped out of the bed frantically. 'I cant be late today'

Patting my feet on the floor I rushed to my small attached bathroom. It was really pretty with white and dark green tiles lining the walls and golden showerhead . A bathtub covered the space opposite side of the entrance. I always loved the idea of a nice bathroom , a place where you can relax your exhausted body.

I looked at the reflection looking back from the mirror. She looks dead, with dark circles around her basic and dull brown eyes, her  brown silky hair is a knotted mess , she is tired.

Huffing out loudly I squeezed the toothpaste on my brush. Brushing really quick I cleaned my tongue with the tongue cleaner. Cleaning our tongues are as important are cleaning our teeth. I quickly changed into something presentable as it was already too late to get a bath.

As it was my first day I didn't really wanted to overdo myself by dressing too fancy and looking at the clock i was reminded that even if I wanted to I don't have the option to be picky. So I pulled out the first hoodie from my closet which was beige in colour. Quickly sliding into my blue jeans and throwing a knee length brown trench coat through my arms I rushed towards the kitchen . With my brown leather bag swinging on my shoulder.

I was welcomed by the furry creature sitting on the counter , my eyes wide as i realised that I almost forgot about her.  'she loves the kitchen'  I smiled at her as she jumped and went to the living room . ' Ouch!! we are not that close yet i guess' Shaking my head I pour myself some orange juice from the fridge.

At this point I seriously need some caffeine running in my veins but I promised myself that I'll reduce my intake as much as possible . Thats why it was switched with something healthy; milk , juice anything except coffee.

Chugging it down I quickly rushed towards my door putting on my white sneakers. I glanced towards the now half empty bowl of cat food that I filled in the middle of the night . 'atleast she is eating. Thanks Jenni for accidentally bringing cat food instead of corn flakes the other day'

I ran my way to the bus stop which was 10 min away from my home but as i was running like a maniac I managed to reach there in exact 8 mins. The bus arrived after a few seconds.

I was now standing at the gate of St George College, the building always managed to take my breath away . The old intricate architecture of the building mesmerized me everytime I looked at it through pictures . Now it was in front of me and my mind is totally blown. Comming out of my daze I realised I must have looked like a fool gaping at the sight .

Scanning my eyes through the campus grounds I found only few students and realising that I am late I stared running to my supposed class. We were told almost everything at our orientation program and the groups that were made on the social media used to blast my phone with notifications every now and then. I opened it a few times when I saw the message was from some teacher otherwise I never read the other useless conversation.

I ran towards the psychology block of the building and finding my class I barged in without knocking and to my relief the teacher was not yet there. I took the empty seat that was at the back and put my bag on the desk finally relaxing.

"You look out of breath" a deep voice cam from my side . Turning my head to find the owner of the voice I came face to face with Eric. How i know them? Umm well I'm no creep but i ran a little background check on my classmates. I was just bored and i wanted to know what kind of people I'll be dealing with for next few years. 90% of them were from rich families of higher society. And the 10% comprised of the scholarship achievers. Me one of them..but that also meant i still had to pay 50% of the actual fee which was much higher that my own fucking life.

He smiled sheepishly at me looking awkward;  i smiled back at him trying to ease the atmosphere but then he said the most embarrassing sentence i ever heard from a boy  " It's nice that you are kind enough to  warm my cold notebook by sitting on it but can you give it back , the lecture is about to start?"  My face turned a bright shade of red as i stood up and he retracted his notebook back. " Wow what a great start"    I sat back on my seat and concentrated on the professor who i didn't noticed comming a few minutes ago. I continued the whole lecture without looking at him, knowing very well that he's smirking at me.

As soon as the bell rang i snatched my belongings into my bag and started heading out . I ran towards the library which was a block away . How i know where it is? I remember the blue print at the back of my hand. How i got it well its a story for some other time. I pushed open the door and much to my relief it was almost empty as i expected it to be .

Finding a corner seat near the window i took out my laptop trying to finish the job i was given. I was almost done when i heard soft panting comming from the other side of the shelf. Being curious i stood up from my seat and slid the books at the bottom row aside. I really hoped its not what i thought it was ..i mean its the library i dont think someone will makeo....... My thoughts are halted by the sight in front of me.

A/N

What did Arshin saw in the library?

And who is Eric? And how much he will impact her life?
We'll find out eventually.