POV Night Swan

The adrenaline fades away upon the battle's end as the last thing Night Swan sees before her body hits the ground is an overjoyed Sara and her friends switching to instant concern. As Night Swan was just about to drift away, she could barely see the sight of his son, Jack Rose, rushing over to her in a panic. She was yet to hear his voice as she slipped into an unconsciousness that wouldn't let her wake up. Night Swan could feel that the ground under her was smooth, cold, and hard on her belly and the left side of her face. Her ears picked up soft, distant voices, but she wasn't sure what they were saying, as if they were coming from outside a cave. Finally, Night Swan regained a familiar sense of touch from her son, who tried to shake his injured mother awake by her shoulders. All she could remember of the fight was seeing that blue-haired girl give her a blow to the head. Taking a chance, Night Swan wearily cracked her eyes open before snapping them shut again, only to see a different world and a familiar silhouette staring at her before settling herself back into a deep sleep. She let out an undignified groan and slowly opened her eyes again, wincing in pain as her vision came back to her. The only thing the sorceress could make out was her dimly-lit bedroom and her son kneeling by her bedside. It wasn't often that Night Swan saw herself as a weaker individual, and this was no exception. Her head hurted all over after her opponent's attack, and she could hardly move it, causing her to roll over on her sides toward Jack. After staring at him to give herself a few moments to comprehend who he was, Night Swan spouted in a meek voice. "I'm sorry, Jack..." she weakly apologizes to her son for not being a supportive mother over her son's dreams of being a celebrity, but using him as a red-hand man to help her create an army of what she imagined. "I didn't mean it to come off so bad," Jack softly replied to his mother as he leaned over and placed his head on her pillow. "It's okay, darling," Night Swan tells her son as she strokes the back of his neck while yawning affectionately. Jack sighs heavily before placing his hand around his mother's arm and holding her close. As silence falls, Night Swan speaks. "I'm sorry I wasn't more supportive, Jack...of your dreams." She gives him an apologetic smile before continuing. "But I promise I'll be here for you now," she finishes gently, reaching out to touch his cheek lightly with her claws. In what seemed like only minutes, Sara returned into the room, accompanied by the others, their faces filled with concern as they assessed Night Swan's condition. Fighting back tears at seeing how much her son cared for her, Night Swan weakly apologized to Jack before telling him she'll be there for him now, pledging support for everything he does in life from then on out. As fatigue kicks in once more, Night Swan lets herself fall into another peaceful sleep knowing that things would finally be alright.