1|New Life

You left it all behind.

Being in the witness and victim protection program was... strange.

Forced to move across the country.

Given a new fake job as a florist.

And the most generic name that didn't suit you at all.

You glanced at your new ID that contained your fake identity.

Cassidy hall

'Wrong, Reader Last name'

34

'I don't look 34! Im only 27'

You now put the ID on the table and looked at the decorations in the new home.

'They sure made it known a florist lives here'

The pallet of the house was white, lots of green plants and succulents were scattered around, in corners and on tables. The furniture was mundane and simple, a couch, a kitchen set with a table, two bathrooms and two bedrooms upstairs. You even got a little garden in the front of your home.

I didn't think they'd give me this much...

They also gave you some income for five months and got you a job at an actual florist business.

To bad you knew nothing about gardening.

You frowned, you don't remember much about your old life to be honest. And due to that they also set you up with weekly therapist visits. You don't even remember why you were placed in the program.

All you remember is being on a plane with an agent informing you of your new life.

No childhood memories, no family, no friends, no jobs

No...

No lovers

You were just a blank slate and you didn't know how to feel about it.

It was then you heard barking. You looked at the time seeing it was past noon. The sun was high in the sky.

The barking got louder and it was then you realized the barking was coming from outside your window.

In curiosity you walked over to the door and stepped outside. The autumn breeze covered your skin, causing goosebumps among your arms.

Looking to the foliage under your window, you spotted a small, white, New York terrier, barking at a bee in your flowers. It jumped to go and eat it but you quickly grabbed the small dog.

The bee flew off to go and pollinate another flower. The terrier was now docile in your arms, licking your fingers.

"Misha! Please Misha where are you?"

You turned seeing an 50 year old, short, blonde woman in your vision. She had beautiful blue eyes. She smiled seeing the dog in your palms and came over as quickly as she could.

"Misha! Thank you for finding him!"

"He always runs out of my yard!" She smiled. "Oh... he's yours?" You questioned.