Happier?

Briskly walking to her destination Liv arrives and knocks on the door.

Simone looks out the peephole and when she sees her visitor she swings the door open. Wrapping Liv in a bear hug and squealing.

Liv returns her hug, just as tight and Simone feels pure happiness in her presence.

"I missed you so much." Simones says, pulling Liv in the house and out of the hall.

"I missed you too." Liv responds.

"I'm shocked you actually made it out here." Simone says.

"Well, Beverly has been a snooze. I needed a break from there." Liv admits, and Simone notices the tension in her tone.

"Tell me about it. Beverly is...hard to let go of and hard to be mixed up in. It's a slippery slope." Simone admits, feeling a twinge of pain at memories she's long since tried to bury.

"Well, at least I get to spend time with my former sister in law." Liv says, plopping on the couch.

"And I'm just as glad to finally have you here." Simone shares, pouring Liv a cup of juice.

They're in their senior year of college. Simone now lives in a student apartment with Nate, whom is barely ever here cause she's a busy bee.

Ever since Layla's visit Simone has kept her distance from the Beverly crew. She's learned to cope with the pain and the betrayal she felt. She realized she is perfectly fine with never seeing Layla again.

She's kept in touch with Olivia and Spencer in their own group chat and that's about it. She hasn't attempted to reach out to anyone else. Even though, someone else has definitely tried contacting her.

"So, what are we doing while I'm here?" Liv asks, patting the couch next to her, distracting Simone from the track her mind was about to take.

Simone plops down next to Liv.

"Well, we can have movie night. I would go to the club but, this is Atlanta, so be careful. We could go bowling, or laser tag, or the museum. Take your pick." Simone answers.

"Hmmm..." Liv says, tapping her chin as if she's in deep contemplation. "Let's start, with going to a restaurant."

"Food comes first." Simone says, tilting her head and quirking an eyebrow.

"Always." Liv agrees, laughing.

They spend the next couple of days enjoying each other's company. It's good to have Liv here, she's a reminder of home.

They hit up the malls, they go to an art museum, the arcade, laser tagging and a whole bunch of other stuff including their highly coveted movie night.  They even went to one club with Nate, Keisha, and JR. It felt like being a teen again. It's been a while since Simone has felt completely carefree but, Liv brings it out of her.

On their last night together they're sitting on the floor, movie playing, snacks all around, and the smell of nail polish is permeating the living room.

"I never understood why Rose didn't share the damn piano cover, or at least alternate." Liv says, looking at the TV in disgust.

"What's a love story if not stricken with tragedy babe?" Simone responds, looking up from her toe nail painting and closing her polish.

"Love is not always tragic."

"I'm not too sure about that." Simone says, giggling, looking at Liv who seems to be contemplating her words.

"Well, Spencer and I did break up that one time so, I guess tragedy is expected at some point." She admits.

"Uh huh, I thought you'd see it my way." Simone says, laughing.