Chapter Twelve

Mystic Falls, Virginia, October 24th 2010.

Kol's POV.

I was sitting in the living room with Elijah, Bex and Nik while we talked about where mother and Finn had gone to. They didn't come home last night, figures - bunch of cowards, they are.

"Where the bloody hell would they have gone to?!" Nik exclaimed.

"Niklaus, please calm down," Elijah said, Nik glared at him.

"How the hell am I supposed to calm down when our mother and Finn are trying to kill us!" Nik snapped.

"I know that but getting angry isn't going to help us find them quicker," Elijah reasoned.

"That doppelganger--" Nik began, but I cut him off.

"Elena!"

"--Elena and her little friends will know where they have gone to," Nik finished as he looked at me cautiously.

"How do you know that?" Bex asked.

"Mother asked them for their help so it's only reasonable that they will know something, especially that little witch Bonnie," Nik replied.

"And I'm going to find out what that is," Nik added before vamping off.

"I will go with him to make sure that he doesn't kill any of them and besides I think Bonnie will be more inclined to speak to me than Niklaus," Elijah said before following Nik out of the mansion.

"Come on," Rebekah said as I looked towards her.

"There's no point in us staying here doing nothing, let's go and see if we can find our mother and Finn."

I nodded and followed her out of the mansion. We began to walk down the streets of Mystic Falls, trying to figure out where our mother and Finn could have possibly gone to hide. I hope Elijah doesn't want us to hear out our mother and Finn because when I see them, they're dead. I didn't want to hear my mother's reasons as to why she did this, she hurt Elena - my Elena. They are dead as soon as I see them.

Bex looked to me.

"What's going on between you and Elena?" She asked, I looked to her before rolling my eyes.

"I'm not getting into this with you Bex," I replied.

"Please, Kol! Please!" She begged, I sighed.

"I don't know," I said, Bex groaned.

"What do you mean, you don't know? Please tell me," Bex begged again, I shook my head.

"No I mean, I don't know what's going on between Elena and I. It's difficult to say, I want to protect her. I want to make sure that she is safe and away from any harm. When I touch her I feel tingles up my arms, when I'm in her presence I feel happier. Seeing her upset or in pain hurts me, I don't know what's going on," I explained, Bex smiled coyly.

"You like her," She said, I looked at her.

"What?" I asked.

"You like her, Kol. You like Elena," Bex replied.

I looked at her for a moment before furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, do I like Elena? Is that why I feel like this? No, it's more than that - I feel drawn to her, I want to be with her all the time. Like right now, the longer I'm away from her the more agitated I get.

"You aren't denying it," Bex said, smugly.

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Ok, maybe I do like her," I said, Bex clapped her hands excitedly.

I shook my head.

"I wouldn't get too excited Bex, I don't even know if she likes me. She still has the Salvatore's," I added.

"Oh please, we all know you are better than those Salvatore's, Kol," She quipped, I laughed.

"That's true," I replied.

Rebekah shook her head as we continued to walk down the streets of Mystic Falls in search of our mother and Finn. We ended up back in Mystic Falls woods at the same clearing, mother and Finn were at last night. Bex and I vamped in various directions as we listened for any sign of our mother or Finn. Where the bloody hell could they have gone?! I turned around quickly when I heard a noise coming from behind me, rolling my eyes in annoyance when I saw Elijah and Nik standing there - alongside Bex.

"Did you manage to get anything out of the Bennett witch?" I asked, Elijah shook his head.

"All she told us was that our mother had asked to channel her and her mother for the ritual and that was it, mother didn't leave anything to indicate where she would be going," Elijah replied.

"We need to figure out where she would have gone to?" Elijah added after a moment, Bex gasped.

"Elena!" She whispered.

I turned to her confused, what about Elena?

"What about her?" Nik asked.

"Elena told me that after mother had taken her blood, she threatened her. Mother told Elena that she would kill her if Elena told us what was happening," Bex replied, my eyes widened.

Elena! I ignored Elijah when he said my name as I vamped off towards her house. If mother or Finn touch her, I'll fucking kill them. I got to her house and I was about to head up the stairs before I heard voices. I hid behind a tree, turning my head when I saw Elijah, Nik and Bex standing next to me. I motioned for them to stay quiet and listen. I looked back at her house as I listened into the conversation, my eyes narrowing when I realised she was with the Salvatore brothers.

"What? What is it? What's so important you need to tell me?" I heard her angelic voice.

"We need to get you out of Mystic Falls as quickly as possible incase Klaus comes to get you, so you will be going with Damon," I heard the younger Salvatore, Stefan I think it is, say.

I gritted my teeth as I heard that, is she fuck going with him. I saw out the corner of my eye, Nik rolling his in annoyance.

"It's to keep you safe for a while until this whole thing blows over," I heard Stefan add, I curled my fists.

She is not fucking going!

"No, I think I'm good staying here," I heard Elena reply, I smiled.

That's right love, tell them you aren't going.

"I thought you would say that," I heard Stefan say.

Is he going to compel her?! Oh hell fucking no! A couple of minutes later I saw her walk out of her house along with the older Salvatore, before getting into his car - him taking off a few minutes later. I snapped my head to my siblings, Elijah giving me a nod and that was all it took for me to vamp off in the direction of Elena.

If that Salvatore so much as lays a finger on her, he's going to wish he was never born. I was close behind them, don't worry darling, I'm coming to get you.