12- comfort

Trigger warnings- ⚠talk of child abuse, death and murder

Chan was aching. He'd woken up to a lot of pain in his lower side and someone's comforting body heat pressed into his other. He opened his eyes to see a brown haired boy cuddled into his side. He gave a short laugh before running his hand through Jeongins hair and making him jump. "You're awake?" Chan nodded. "How are you feeling?"
"Achey but not like I'm gonna die of blood loss anymore."
"Thats good." He said shifting awkwardly as he tried to avoid Chans eyes.
"You stayed?"
"Yeah, I wanted to make sure you were OK when you woke up but you didn't and I must have fallen asleep, sorry."
"Why are you apologising?"
"For falling asleep?"
"Is that a crime?"
"I dont know but shouldn't I?"
"Jeongin, you stayed despite being exaughsted and terrified after what happened, I should be thanking you." Jeongin frowned, clearly confused and Chan laughed holding his arms out for the younger to lie in. Jeongin hesitated but complied, nervously lying so he only had his head on Chan. they stayed like that just taking comfort in each others warmth before Chan broke the silence. "Jeongin, what happened to make you so quick to apologise?" even from their limited connection, he felt Jeongin stiffen. "What makes you think something happened?" 

"No one who comes to this way of life because they want to." Jeongin stayed quite but his breathing stuttered, proving Chan's point. "My mother died when i was twelve. She was killed in a car crash. Instead of helping and being there for me and my seven year old sister and three ear old brother, he started drinking. All our money went to it, along with his humanity. It became my job to keep my family alive and he didnt make it easy. I had three jobs alongside school, if we were short on food i would give it to my siblings, when he got violent i took the blows. I did everything i could and it wasnt enough. Three years later, my sister got ill. My dad refused to get the medicine she needed and i couldnt, being underage so i tried to steal it. I got caught and while i was at the station, my dad went on one of his violent rages. My sister tried to save my brother but... well, she was weak. When i got back, it was too late. My brother is all i have left after my father... died. When i met Seungmin everything changed. I had someone who cared about me. Who i could rely on to look after me not the other way around. The school gave me a way of getting my brother safe and i do this job to keep it that way. I just wish id not failed my mother and sister."

Jeongin's breathing was uneven and irregular through his sobs and he had unconsciously gotten closer to Chan, burying his head in the older's shoulder in his pain. 

Chan's heart broke at his words, he didn't understand how anyone could hurt someone like Jeongin. Surely the fact that the younger at least partly blamed himself for what happened showed how pure he was? "Innie, IN-ah, shhh, it's ok. You don't have to that anymore." Chan felt tears in his eyes, "I'm gonna protect you, yeah? You can trust me. I promise i will never let you or your brother get hurt. I promise."

"Thank you."

"You don't ever have to."

A/n- a little bit of Jeongchan fluff to hopefully get you through my next little break. I hope a double update makes up for the long break! If anyone thinks of a way i can improve or there are any mistakes, please do let me know. As always, thank you for reading! Sleep well everyone, people always underestimate the need to sleep as I have and we all know Chan has, although I defintely dont need as much as our wonderful leader does! Thank you Xx