3. The Perfect Age

"Oh yeah? And where would you like me to hit you instead Juliette?"

One sloppy sentence was all it took for Rick to set his attention on her for the rest of the day.

Juliette was unsure about what she had done, it slipped, but she meant it.

And not only Rick heard, but also did Sharon.

And she was already scolded more times than she couldn't count.

"I don't know who you think you are but he is our superior, and he is here to work not flirt, you got it?"

Juliette nodded. For the 11th time.

"I'm no one's superior and loosen up your panties Sharon. Jeez, you can't take a joke." Rick appeared, casually sipping on his coffee and reading a report.

"That wasn't a joke and what are you doing here? Defending little miss prissy?" She shouted.

"And what are you? The fuckin office police? I'm getting my steps in and sipping my coffee, stop harassing the girl and myself, and go finish your one million reports to get your fucking employee of the month medal."

Juliette covered her mouth trying not to laugh.

Sharon left fuming bumping into him.

He looked at her, shrugged his shoulders and approached Juliette's high desk.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked softly. Resting his arms on her cubicle.

She nodded with a smile. "Thank you, but this happens quite often, she sleeps with one of the salesmen but refuses to let anyone of a different gender interact."

Rick scoffs.

"Dry cunt syndrome."

He managed to steal a giggle from her.

"That's a lovely smile for someone who talks a lot of crap." Rick incited.

Juliette is suddenly taken back.

"Excuse me?"

"Renee's words earlier, not mine." Rick lifted his hands in peace, but he wasn't looking for peace, he wore a daredevil smile under those wise wolf eyes, looking for trouble.

"It's not crap, it's the truth."

"So you meant it."

"I did."

"So it wasn't a joke and you meant it, therefore I can take my final conclusions, which now leaves me with the remaining question, where would you like me to hit you Juliette?"

She bit her lip and let out soft giggles. Smartass.

"I guess you'll never know."

"I have a few guesses in mind." He said confidently, pushing his sleeves up, revealing the beginnings of his tattoos. Intricate line of designs with no specific pattern, nature, bodies... And she stared, secretly dying to see more.

"It goes all the way up," He traced his tattoos with a finger, from his arm to his neck. "Down to my back and..."

"And?"

"I guess you'll never know."

Rick winks at her and turns around walking away. But before he disappeared into the hallway he shouted:

"Bring me a coffee when you can."

Am I really going to fall for this trap? — She thought to herself, the fine line between office banter and real flirting was becoming a bit blurry, but she would be lying if she said she didn't like the way Rick stepped up for her when Sharon began attacking her.

Against all working rules and social norms, she decided to play into Rick's game.

(...)

"There you go."

Juliette placed the mug in front of him.

Rick leaned back on his chair, crossing his arms across his glorious athletic chest. Wearing the same expression she saw just moments ago, but this time, running his eyes on her, up and down quickly.

"You're too kind."

Juliette forced the words out of her mouth.

"How old are you Patrick?"

The surprise in his face was evident, the use of his full name and such question, yet he always enjoyed a "straight to the point" kind of person.

He cocked a brow.

"How old do you think i am?"

"That's not what I asked." She bit a nasty smile back.

"In a game of interest, never let the other party get immediately what they want." It sounded like a challenge, yet this was his game and she felt drawn to it.

"What do you want in return?"

"When are we grabbing dinner?"

She leaned on his table with both arms, and instinctively, so did he.

"Give me a number?" She insisted sweetly.

"Phone number? Sure."

They both laughed and Juliette kicked him under the table, she enjoyed this back and forth as much as he did, the look he placed on her cleavage, breathing up and down just mere inches from his face, the teasing and tension... His expression darkened, and in a subtle movement, he gently rubbed a finger on one of hers.

It was amazing how aroused that small touch could make her feel.

"How old do you really think i am?"

"The perfect age."