Chapter 10

Dinner tasted as amazing as it always did. Of course, Harry had to ruin it.

"Hey, Delilah, have you heard?" Daphne said, sitting next to her.

"Heard what?"

"You know, about Harry and Umbridge?"

"What did he do now?"

"Apparently he yelled that You-Know-Who is back and that he killed Cedric. It caused quite the stir. I heard he got detention for a month."

Delilah sighed.

"Of course he did."

"Sorry. I thought you already knew," Daphne apologized.

"Don't worry, it's fine. Thank you."

"Of course, see you later." Daphne left for her other friends.

Why did Harry always find the exact way to get people to hate him? Sure it also made some people love him, but he always got the wrong people angry with him. It was one of his skills.

"Aren't you going to say something to him?" Draco asked.

"Why would I? He doesn't listen to me and it wouldn't change anything. Plus, Hermione probably has tried to talk some sense into him."

"True."

Delilah stared at her half-finished pudding and sighed, setting her spoon down.

"We should go start our homework. It'll only be worse tomorrow."

Draco groaned.

"Can I at least finish my pie?"

Delilah stood up.

"If you want, but I'm not too hungry."

He stared at his food a moment longer than got up with her.

"Nah, I won't let you suffer alone."

She laughed.

"Thanks for your sacrifice.

"You're welcome," he solemnly said. His straight face made her laugh more.

The next day it was pouring. Rain crashed against the lake so hard that the ripples were visible from the Slytherin Common Room. It was even more obvious during breakfast. None of the rain drops actually hit the floor, but some Ravenclaws *cough* Lyra *cough* enchanted the rain so that it hit specifically the Slytherins.

By the time they started heading to Transfiguration, they were all completely drenched. Draco in particular was very miffed about it.

"My hair is ruined," he muttered.

Delilah resisted the urge to laugh.

"It's just wet, it'll be fine."

"But now it's completely unstyled."

She smirked, and ran her hand through his hair messing it up.

"There, now it's styled."

He stared at her.

"Thanks."

Delilah nodded.

"No problem."

They sat in their normal seats and waited for McGonagall to start the lesson.

"You cannot pass an O.W.L.," said Professor McGonagall grimly, "without serious application, practice, and study. I see no reason why everybody in this class should not achieve an O.W.L. in Transfiguration as long as they put in the work. So... today we are starting Vanishing Spells. These are easier than Conjuring Spells, which you would not usually attempt until N.E.W.T. level, but they are still among the most difficult magic you will be tested on in your O.W.L."