Chapter 2

Wilbur snaps out of his flushed daze noticing his fluffed up golden wings insinuating that he's upset about something.

"Q you seem concerned. Something wrong?" Quackity smooshes his face into Wilbur's chest, wings no longer puffed up, now hanging low at his sides.

Wilbur awkwardly puts a hand on his back, oblivious to what's causing Q to be so concerned.

Quackity pushes his head away from his chest and looks at the floor for a second before meeting wilbur's eyes, uncertainty and concern painting his face.

"You uhm... You don't have a heartbeat.."

Wilbur stands for a moment finally realizing the severity at the time, loud silence pouring over them drenching them in tense waves, his mouth a flat line of neutrality but his furrowed brows and pondering eyes only partially hidden by his glasses, If paid attention to you could see the entire reflection of the city in just the red of his glasses. 

he slowly puts his hand to where his heart should be and to confirm Quackity's words he feels; Nothing. He looks down at Q and puts his hand to where his would be to check. Quackity shivers. Wilbur feels a heartbeat, a panicked one at that but a heartbeat nonetheless.

They both share an alarmed expression.

Silence finally being broken by an exasperated sigh from Wilbur.

"Well that's not good-" Wilbur jokes. "tch- No shit sherlock."Quackity relaxes a little, finally moving away from wilbur. he brushes off his suit and fixes his tie as well as petting his wings down, losing a few more feathers. Wilbur Adjusts his glasses and clears his throat, face still red from the close contact creating an awkward silence.

Wilbur notices Q's wings' feathers slowly fold back down to normal, wilbur i unsubtly scooches closer reaching out to touch his wings, "Ay dios mio wilbur- do you know what personal space is?" quackity pushes his hand away with his pointer finger in disgust, brushing his hand off on his pants.

"'Course I do. just not with you." He chuckles smiling lightly, putting his hand back down he pulls a slightly bent cigarette from his pocket and holds it in his mouth rummaging through them more.

"Y'know what? It would be hypocritical for me to say anything about you smoking. plus you already died so it shouldn't affect ya too bad. I have a lighter on me." he sighs, pulling out a red zippo lighter and lighting it for him. Wilbur sighs a thank you. Deeply inhaling watching as the smoke he breathes out slowly dissipates in the air.

"Ill be right back." Quackity wanders inside the building they were in and goes to look for something, He comes back out with a deck of cards in hand shuffling them dexterously.

"Do you always have playing cards nearby or something?" Wilbur laughs. "I own a casino, What do you think I do in my spare time?" He walks off to a small outdoor table for 2 and pats the table, gesturing Wilbur to sit, "Come play a game of poker. I'll try to go easy on ya." Wilbur snorts, rolling his eyes accepting the offer from the deceptive card shark gambler.

The game lasts a while ending with Quackity winning with a royal flush. Wilbur questions how he lost dumbfounded by losing and is only answered with a wink and; "Owe me a drink." emphasis on the 'k'

Wilbur being the stubborn corpse he is demands a rematch but is shut down by Q taking his cards away and shuffling them back into the container, And not because he didn't want to, he could do this all day, He just wanted to make him angry.