𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐋𝐲𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞!!

"Would you like a drink?" Divya looked up to see burning red eyes staring stoically down at her. Diluc seemed to have already arranged a meeting with Jean, so they were simply playing the waiting game right now.

"No, that's alright. I don't drink alcohol but thank you for asking" She said with a polite smile on her face. Right now, things were going to get really rough and hopefully, she would make it out in one piece considering she had zero knowledge about fighting. 

She didn't notice the mildly surprised look on the older male's face. 

"We serve non-alcoholic drinks here as well, so you needn't worry about having nothing to drink" 

...Shit. I forgot about Diluc not liking alcohol-

"Ah then.... is there any fruit juice you serve?"

A very faint smile appeared on his face, and Divya couldn't help but internally scream at how hot he looked while smiling. 

NOO COME ON!! I'M TRYING TO THINK HERE AND I CAN'T WHEN YOU LOOK SO HOT-! BUT YOU LOOK GOOD WHEN YOU SMILE- BUT I HAVE TO THINK- 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Would you prefer grape juice or apple juice?" 

"Apple juice please. Thank you" Having mastered the art of screaming in silence, the brunette extended her arm to take the glass of apple juice before smiling gratefully at Diluc. She then turned to sip on it, sighing contently at the fresh, sharp taste of it. Apple juice was one of her favourite drinks, Mango being the first. 

"Do tell me, how did you get entangled in this rather... complicated situation? I didn't take you to be the kind to stir up chaos. Though, please do not mistake my words. I am not one to judge a book by its cover" 

And he's started interrogation...just because Venti is drunk doesn't mean you can question me you know?

"I was aware of their plans before-hand, if that is what you're asking. What i didn't expect was to be dragged half-way through the city, which is why I appeared to not know about their ideas" she said, hoping she got what he implied through the question correctly.

"I see. Then do you perhaps know of the true identity of the bard?" 

...Man really doesn't like idle chit-chat huh-? 

"I'm not sure what you mean by 'true identity' Master Diluc. His name is Venti, and he's a bard that the Traveler, Paimon and I met earlier today" Divya looked at the man wearily, knowing exactly how good his perception was. She needed to make sure she didn't accidentally provide the correct answer to him. 

"You and I both know that is simply an alias he goes by" Diluc said sternly, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes at her. 

The eighteen-year-old started to slightly sweat at the intensity of his stare. 

 I don't think he knows it's an alias completely... He's probably trying to confirm his suspicions with me

"Maybe, but I just met him today, so I can't really answer your question, Master Diluc. If you really do believe it's an alias, then you should probably ask him your questions after he sobers up" she said, gesturing to the now completely drunk god. 

She is quite sharp. She hasn't lied to me, but she has hidden a lot more than she has mentioned right now. Moreover, she has shifted the conversation to favor her...

I cannot continue interrogating her, or I would step out of boundaries that shouldn't be crossed in public. 

"Alright. That is understandable" The brunette had to hide a sigh of relief at his stance. While he would eventually figure out that Venti was Barbatos, she couldn't afford to change the storyline any more than she already had. It could mess up both her and Lumine's futures. She could only change it when absolutely necessary.