Little Girl from Pyongyang

"Little Girl from Pyongyang"

"It was September 17th 2207, I watched outside my window when I turned the television on, it was really cheap compared to other families in this part of the Japanese Empire, then again, a lot of us get low pay in this area, Pyongyang, the former capital of North Korea. I did not live to see this area during North Korea's time though, nuclear alarm went off that the United States had sent a nuclear missile to Tokyo, Seoul and Shanghai." Matsuura Momo wrote down in her journal.

It was indeed September 17th 2207 when Matsuura Momo got news of the nuclear attack incoming. Matsuura Momo was quickly sent to a nuclear bunker near Anshan, a former Chinese city, her rich grandfather had made a taxi quickly go and pick her up soon after the news to try and get her to safety, possibly the same bunker he was in, her mother was at work in Seoul where she was already hiding in a nuclear bunker, also where one of the nuclear weapons were heading, also where a Cuban submarine was stationed a week earlier. She was scared, her father was also in Shanghai and the port master where he moved when he broke up with Matsuura Momo's mother, who is still single unlike him.

She had a stepmother that spoiled her like crazy, unlike her real mother who was very strict and put a budget on everything, luckily, her grandfather mentioned earlier who is on her mother's side does spoil her.

"The nuclear weapon heading for Seoul looked like it was turning course and like it was coming towards Pyongyang, I prayed that the taxi would hurry up and take her to the bunker" Matsuura Momo wrote down.

Matsuura Momo grew up with a small amount of friends and was bullied every day at school by Okazaki Shou and Nishiyama Tsuyoshi, who kept saying that girls were weak and useless, saying that they should just be maids, they also bullied her friends, she even came home one day crying with suicidal thoughts and today made suicide seem real, Japan had started a cold war with the United States years earlier, the only country that would help defend Japan was Saudi Arabia which couldn't shoot down nuclear weapons or deploy soldiers to Japanese land in time.Matsuura Momo texted her friends that night on where she was going, hoping to see them after the nuclear incidents and hopeful they would survive, especially her mother and father, they were both located in cities with targets of nuclear weapons. The taxi had arrived, and she ran down the staircases in her apartment building, people were gathering all around the apartment building, shocked and making theories on what will happen.

Matsuura Momo arrived at the nuclear bunker an hour later and quickly ran in with the taxi driver, she ran over to her grandfather and hugged him.

"It's going to be alright Matsu" He repeated as he brushed her hair, there was a little more people in the bunker, they all watched the television as the first nuke touched down in Shanghai, it directly hit the port where her father was loading titanium onto a ship heading for Jamaica, Matsuura Momo had broken into tears crying, her grandfather had tried calming her down.

30 minutes later, the next nuke touched down in the center of Seoul, she had no idea the exact location of her mother, she was afraid and started crying even more, she didn't know if her parents were going to survive but her grandfather would always be there for her, she knew that. They all fell asleep as the last nuclear weapon hit Tokyo; all their wallets had been devastated. In the middle of the night, people awoken in the bunker and people in hazmat suits walked in with papers of currently found out dead victims, each packet had a different city on it, turns out, it wasn't only those three cities that had been hit hard by the nuke, but cities near it and radiation spread much farther than that.

Matsuura Momo was the first to look at the Seoul packet, she went through the whole list yet only 1,000 had been confirmed to be dead so far, Okazaki Shou was on the list of deaths and one of her friends, Inaba Kaede as well, she swelled up in tears, luckily, her mother wasn't on the list, so she had some hope.

"Shibata, she might be alive" Matsuura Momo said in hope, Shibata, her grandfather smiled at her until Matsurra looked at the Shanghai packet, there was 1,000,000 deaths confirmed, her father, her step mother and her two friends had died, she cried so badly and her anger against Americans grew as separatists declared independence, they were soon in Manchurian lands, Shibata had decided to stay and keep Matsuura in his custody until they could get in contact with her mother."That day, I saw an American nuclear missile coming towards us, ready to take out Seoul, shanghai and Tokyo. I was scared of it hitting Pyongyang as it looked closer to us than Seoul. My father worked in Shanghai that same night, he was a port master, ready to send out titanium to Jamaica when the nuclear missile hit, he died with two of my friends that I met on a trip to visit him and my stepmother due to radiation, there was no doubt uranium in the sky over Asia that night..." Matsuura Momo wrote.