Chapter One - Family Secrets

☔︎𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑☔︎

Centuries ago in Japan, nighlok monsters invaded our world but samurai warriors defeated them with power symbols passed down from parent to child. Today, the evil nighlok have risen once again and plan to flood the Earth. Luckily, a new generation of heroes stand in their way.

They are the Power Rangers Samurai.

☔︎𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑☔︎

Brandon hummed contently as his brush stroked across the canvas before him. He sat in his small apartment's living room, silently painting a gorgeous painting of a bat.

Suddenly, the earth began quaking loudly, his brush fell out of his hands and he gripped his paint pallet along with the canvas in order to protect it from the tremors.

"What on Earth? Not another attack!" he spoke to himself as he lived alone.

He held his balance for a few moments until the quaking calmed, screams were heard down the street. He could only assume that another one of those monster-things that had been appearing in the city recently had surfaced and was terrorising the people of Panorama City again.

Another strange thing, there seemed to be a group of 'Power Rangers' as they were called who always came to the aid of civilians when a monster made its appearance.

Brandon readjusted his canvas and placed his paint and brushes on a nearby table, before he checked the apartment for any damage. Nothing important was destroyed, but a picture-frame lay face-up on the floor by his bed. He bent to pick it up and noticed the glass was smashed, revealing the photo beneath it.

It was the photo he and his parents took when he was accepted into his art college. Months after the photo was taken however, his father passed away from a long lasting heart disease.

He removed the picture from the glass and placed it on the table, before leaning down to pick up the glass and frame. Upon looking up, he noticed a spot of black on the underside of the picture as it was only halfway on the table.

He quickly threw the glass away and picked up the photo, flipping it and seeing a kanji symbol painted on the back. Beneath the symbol, was a crest, the power ranger crest to be specific. He heard a commotion outside the window and rushed to it, seeing a rock monster covered in crystals and a group of five samurai rangers. He saw the same crest on their uniforms and looked back at the photo.

"What does this mean?" he muttered. He then pocketed the photo and left his apartment, locking the door and leaving the building, he made sure to avoid the fight happening nearby. He knew where he was going, he wanted to know the truth behind that symbol.

☔︎𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑☔︎

"Hey Jayden have you seen-" a loud blaring interrupted Mike, signalling a nighlok had made its way into the city.

"A nighlok." Jayden jumped to his feet and raced to Mentor Ji's table, where he abd the other rangers already had a map laid out and a pinpoint of where the nighlok had entered their world.

"I guess my jacket will have to wait" Mike commented.

"Let's go. We have a nighlok to fight." Jayden ordered, ushering his team out of the Shiba house.