Part 1

a/n: hello, thanks for choosing this book! if you haven't already read the description, i ask that you do because this book will touch on themes that are a lot darker than most of my other works. this book was inspired by Justaverage_15 as a one-shot, so thanks a lot to them! i was thinking about it enough to decide to expand on it in my own way. as always, feel free to comment and tell me what u think!!

Slowly, cautiously, as if he thinks you're going to run away, Epel lets you out of his carriage, pulling you after him by the chains wrapped around your hands and neck. He's looking stupidly proud of himself for leading you around like that, as if he's the one who caught you and not the soldiers who constantly surround him.

The running away part isn't too outlandish. If it were up to you, you'd smash a few heads together before getting out of here, though.

You could definitely break a few of Epel's tiny bones in your grip if you wanted to; the chains encasing your hands would do little to stop you, especially if you got a good handle around his stupidly thin neck. But you're clearly outnumbered—Epel has his soldiers lining every square inch of the outside of his courtyard, surrounding his castle and looking directly at you.

You try not to focus on the amount of attention focused on your being at the moment. You keep your eyes trained on the back of Epel's little lavender head, fists clenching and unclenching as you try to take deep breaths to calm yourself before you do something you'll regret.

"I almost can't believe I've got you," says Epel, almost proudly. "I was worried that you'd gotten too damaged, which wouldn't be very good, but I'm glad that you're in top shape. You'll be such a lovely addition! I know you'll like living here with me," he rambles on while you try not to throw up in your mouth. He's delusional.

You don't resist as Epel pulls you into his castle, even though your anger is barely concealed. It simmers under your skin, flaring and red-hot each time Epel decides to tug on your chains a little too hard.

Epel. That's all he is to you. Not His Highness, not Prince Felmier. Just Epel.

You refuse to give him even an inch. That would mean that you're falling victim to his plans of breaking you, and you absolutely refuse  to break.

That's what he said he would do after you'd woken up, bound to his side and sporting a massive headache, and you know that he's going to try one way or another. Having someone else knock you out and take you for his own is a sort of power play; he wants you to know that no matter your move, he's always one step ahead.

You already regret ever having met the boy. He'd stumbled into your part of the forest, muddy and stumbling and spitting curses at anything within a two-mile radius, including you after you'd dragged him out of the mess he was currently wallowing in. Not getting out of your forest much unless it was to visit a friend or sell what you had caught, you didn't recognize the prince in front of you and you'd treated him just as you'd treat anyone else who's wandered onto your property and then started yelling at you for it.

You'd gotten fed up with his holier-than-thou attitude pretty quickly and kicked him out again. Well, actually, you dragged him all the way out to the road and dropped his ass into another puddle, which might've been a bit much, but it's not like he didn't deserve it after trying to tell you that you were now his property. Prince or not, you didn't let anyone  to talk to you the way he had.