Part 3

a/n: there's talk of violence and manipulation in this one plus some pretty questionable thoughts on the reader's side. also some questionable touching from epel's side so beware

You're woken up by a knock at your door. Rolling over with a groan, you trod to the entrance of your room, pulling open the door to be met with the impassive face of a servant.

"You're needed in the dining hall. Get dressed," says the servant, eyeing you distastefully. You shut the door.

The clothes that are hanging in the closet are...interesting. They're beginning to border on something that looks less for coverage and more for show, but you put them on anyways. The bottoms barely cover your thighs.

You're led to the dining room, where Epel is waiting, looking a bit more disheveled than you're used to. Now that you think about it, he's probably just gotten out of bed, too. Lazy.

"Good morning," says Epel, looking up from his shoddy attempt at taming his hair. You nod in response, remaining standing as you watch Epel break off a branch of grapes to put onto his own plate.

"Come here," he orders, and you do, warily eyeing the knife that's a little too close to his hand. You reach for the chair, intending to pull it out for yourself, but—

"Kneel," says Epel, and even though you know what he's like you're still doubting that your hearing doesn't need to be checked.

You lower yourself before Epel can make a fuss, schooling your expression to stay as neutral as possible. Your eyelid twitches as he plants a boot right in your lap, giving you an expectant look.

"It's...a nice shoe?" you ask, unsure of what you're supposed to do. Luckily for you, Epel seems to be more amused than anything.

"Lace it up."

Oh, so he wants you to do something he can do just fine by himself. It's another power play, you think to yourself, taking the long, thin laces of his boots and methodically looping them over and under until the first boot is laced to the top, then doing it again with the other one.

Epel watches you work the whole time. His eyes never leave your hands, and he'll shift from time to time, almost giddily, and you don't think you want to know what's going through his mind right now. 

Once you're done, you move his boot off of your lap, only for him to lean so far forwards he's nearly bent himself in two, just to get in your face.

"I'm going hunting again today, and you're coming with me," he says with a wide grin, and you have to stop yourself from rolling your eyes because you know exactly  what he's going to do.

You're the one with actual hunting experience. You know  how things are done, and now this manchild is going to force you to tag along to make you watch him to it all wrong and crow about his achievements before marching you all the way back to gloat in his supposed superior strength. He's trying to show you that he's better.