The Confrontation at Maroon Cartoons

" Hedy Please promise me that you and your uncle will  stay safe Sweetheart ,I can't bare to lose you two  like I lost your father" Betty pleaded with her Daughter when the two of them pulled up at the movie theatre. 

"I promise Mom , I love you so much" Hedy said as she hugged her mom tightly 

"I love you too my sweet baby gurl" Betty said as she hugged her daughter back. 

"I'll call you when it's safe,  bye mom" Hedy said with a sad smile as she got out of the car 

"Goodbye sweetheart go right the wrongs I believe in you" Betty said in a confident tone.

"I know you do" Hedy said on the verge of tears knowing that she might not see her Mom for a long time. 

Betty blew a kiss which flew and smooched Hedy on the cheek leaving a lipstick mark on it before she drove away into the night. 

Hedy wiped the tears way her eyes with her handkerchief that was in her pocket before the toon water works started she then payed for a ticket, and walked into the theatre . 

She then made her way upstairs to the balcony where she could hear Roger laugh from the Goofy Cartoon  that was playing on  the screen . 

"Hoo hooo! Hooo hoo hoo!  Boy, did you see that? Nobody takes a wallop like Goofy! What timing! What finess! What a genius! Hooo hoo" Roger laughed while flinging Popcorn everywhere. 

"Roger I know that Goofy is funny but, we're suppose to be hiding  " Hedy said with a slight smile 

"Hedy you found us, I was worried that  you wouldn't" Roger said as he hugged Hedy which she returned. 

"How did you know that we were here?" Eddie asked his niece in a curious tone. 

" It was a Lucky guess if i'm being honest" Hedy replied as she and Roger took a seat on either side of Eddie.

 Roger and Hedy watched the rest of the Goofy with Roger laughing a bit quitter this time  while Eddie was stoic  as usual.

"What's wrong with you Eddie ? You're the only person in this theatre that isn't laughing! Is there nothing that can permeate your impervious puss? Hey Eddie! (Roger Pulls a Funny face) Plplplll! Boy, nothing. What could have possibly happened to you to turn you into such a sourpuss? Roger asked in curious tone. 

"You want to know I'll tell you. A toon killed my brother." Eddie replied in a serious tone '

"A toon ? no" Roger said in disbelief 

Hedy felt the tears start to well up in her eyes again as she remembered  the day her father was killed.  A day she would never forget .

(Five Years ago.....)

 Hedy was getting ready at her Aunt Dolores's apartment for a performance at her School where she and her dad would be singing a duet together  when he and her uncle got off of work that night .

But before they made their way to the school Aunt Dolores got a phone call that made her start crying and drop the phone . 

"Auntie Dolores what's wrong" Hedy asked in a concerned tone as she came to her Aunts aid hanging the phone on the receiver . 

"Oh Hedy" Dolores sobbed as the two sat down on the couch 

"Auntie Dolores what happened" Hedy asked sounding slightly scared 

"Your father was killed in Toontown" Dolores replied as new tears rolled down  her face 

"My Daddy is dead" Hedy sobbed  as toon like tears that could rival old faithful streamed from her eyes as she hugged her Aunt.