2

The group of 3 then made their way to the infirmary wing but no words were spoken.

"Captain," The head nurse, Thalia, appeared in front of the man. "She's in the last room down the hall." Madrid grunted in response, not addressing the nurse directly. Jessica and the teen boy followed the captain to the last room, totally unaware of what they were going to discover. A girl who looked younger than 20 sat on the bed, staring at the white plain walls.

"Madrid?" She asked.

"Do I know you?" He questionably responded.

"I'm your sister," She paused, "Your little sister, Neila." Jessica stood in the doorway and looked at the girl mysteriously. She remembers her two best friends having two children but the younger grew sick of Leukemia. The doctors said it was genetic for the baby's mother soon got the same sickness and died. The doctors had no materials and cancer still had no cure. They were forced to prepare an oxygenated space coffin out of the ship to pay respects to their dead baby daughter. There's no way in this universe that she could've survived, Jessica thought.

"Jessica?" Madrid's voice boomed in the tiny room, making everyone shake in fear. He turned around and pulled the middle aged woman out of the doorway and into another room.

"I-it c-can't be," Jessica stammered. "There's no way. She's dead."

"I have a sister?" He said sharply.

"Correction, you HAD a sister. Her name is Neila. She died when you were so young. Your parents never showed her to you because they were afraid you were going to get attached to a sick baby." She cried. "In her last few breaths, they zoomed her out in an oxygenated coffin." Madrid stared at her in disbelief.

"How can we tell if she's even my blood?" Madrid asks.

"We can't so be wary. She's human, no doubt, but we don't know her."

"Captain Madrid Nacrima," The intercom boomed, "Please make your way to Control and Command, your presence is needed. Captain Madrid Nacarima to Control and Command." Madrid sights.

"We'll continue this conversation later." He concludes and turns to make his way to control and command.

"Captain!" A group of men with green lab coats confront the entering 20-year-old. "Please," They said to the door, "Follow us." Madrid trails behind the men into a room right next to the one they were just in. This was called "THE NAVIGATION ROOM." Initially, it was just a map library for the UMAs. The humans changed it for the purpose of finding old Earth.

"Now, what's this all about?" Madrid commands. The head navigator points to the screen on the wall. The screen still included the many planets of their former galaxy but a big black and obvious spot sat in the middle. Nothing looked out of the ordinary but in the stories told by their grandparents and those before them always mentioned the bright and sunny planet.

"We have found our target." She smiled, "Planet Earth."

"And we already set course for it?"

"Yes sir," She confirmed. Madrid steps outside the room and takes a deep breath. He then steps into the room next door to it, CONTROL AND COMMAND.

"I need everyone's attention," He demands. "I shall inform you as you should spread throughout the spaceship, that we have found our destination. We set course for Earth." Claps and cheers litter the once quiet room as people start to dismiss themselves for celebration, leaving Madrid on his own in the room. He sighed in the utter defeat of the day and walked towards the front end to the railing to face the ginormous window that faces the universe. Just one day, he pondered to himself, ''Just one day could've waited for mother and father to see our ancestral home."

The sound of the automatic doors hiss open and clomping of boots make their way to Madrid. Madrid didn't bother to turn around, thinking it was only Jessica.

"I've never met them, you know." The unfamiliar voice spoke out. "I never had a conversation like an adult with them. They both must be proud of you. How you found Earth and now you're leading the last humans home." Madrid eventually turned around to find his "sister" looking up at the universe sky.

"Proud is an overstatement. I'm immature and just downright stupid." He contradicted and shook his head. "Fit for a captain? Maybe for a fleet of clowns."

"You found Earth," She argued, "What have these people against you?" She leaned over the railing.

"Five years." He whispered. "Five years of air supply was blasted out of this aircraft. I was 18 and couldn't do anything better with my life. We had 20 years left and I accidentally let go a quarter of that." Madrid sighed to himself and looked away from the blonde-haired girl. "I will turn into my barrack tonight. I'll have someone get you a room ready and I will see you in the morning." He didn't turn back nor dared to stay for a response but made his way out the doors.