Prologue

My dad didn't raise me to be a bad person. He raised me to be a criminal. Since I was ten years of age, my name has been mentioned everywhere. The news, articles, podcasts, etc. Though I've been sent to many jails and concentration camps, the police-- scratch that-- the government can't stop me from doing my favourite hobby; arson. 

Being a notorious arsonist since I was six really created a mess in this society. Older and more stricter people wanted me to be locked behind bars, while the more younger group of people argued that I was 'too young' or 'too pretty' to deserve such a punishment. They're really messed up in the head. 

The memories were vague, but I can distinctly remember my firsts in this life of crime. Little Maddison would get a toy makeup vanity for her first birthday, I got a grenade. Little Hunter went fishing with dear 'ol daddy'o when it was his tenth. I was out robbing stores with mine. Patrick was out partying at fourteen, I'm lighting fires. 

However my first mugshot will forever haunt my memories. The day that I got caught and my face was everywhere. I'm good at hiding and escaping from jail. I know how to disguise myself and walk around like a normal civilian. I know the right responses to when I'm questioned. Just seeing my face on wanted posters terrifies me. It terrifies me knowing that I'm such a bad arsonist that I got caught. 

They think that I'm in the shadows. But really, I'm standing in broad daylight. They just can't see me or identify me as 'the fourteen year old notorious arsonist who lit up the house of sixty-five year old Natalia Downs. After all, the only way they can prove my existence is my Mugshot.