chapter one

??? P.o.v

I ran through the forest as fast as my legs would carry me. 'So close.... so close' I thought as I saw street lights through the dense trees.
My bare feet were scratched and bleeding, I didn't feel any pain as they had went numb about 10 minutes ago.
I heard the familiar sound of him running after me. He was sick and twisted.
He had done so many experiments, on so many innocent people. I was one of the lucky ones..... I actually lived. But what sort of madman wants to turn humans into animals? No one lived past the surgeries involving the ears, tail, and teeth. That's Why I had to escape this time.
I was about ten feet from the street when I felt the dart hit my back. It pierced into my flesh and I could already feel myself slowing down and becoming drowsy. "Hah you little bastard! You're never getting away from me!" He yelled catching up to me. I forced my self through the trees and up to a house that was near the edge. He came out after me, but soon stopped.
I had hid behind the side of the house and crawled into the back yard as I heard him look for me. I crawled to the shed and closed the door as the tranquilizer finally took full effect.

Your p.o.v

"__!" Your mom called up to you, "you can't be late again!" She yelled. You groaned and rolled over but got up after a few seconds.
You stumbled to your bathroom and stared at yourself in the mirror. Your (eye color) eyes squinted back at you, you looked up at your (hair color) hair and saw a huge birds nest. "Ugghhhh....." you groaned and got your brush and set to work. You straightened your hair and applied your make up as fast as you could. You got your favorite graphic Tee and your favorite pair of skinny jeans and quickly put them on.
You found your vans shoved into a corner and pulled them on. As you headed downstairs you picked up your gir backpack and reached for your skateboard. You grabbed the air. You looked down quickly knowing you always left it there. "Mum, have you seen my skateboard?" You asked as you looked around. "It's in the shed, your father almost tripped yesterday and put it back there." You groaned and trudged outside and walked over to the shed. You whistled your favorite song as you opened the door, but you quickly fell silent. ".........ummm, Hello?" You said. There was a boy, laying on the ground in your shed. You nudged him with your foot. "Hello?" You said again. He opened his eyes tiredly and looked up at you. He immediately jumped back scaring you in the process. "I-I'M sorry! I d-didn't mean to scare you!" He jumped up and quickly and helped you steady yourself. You looked up at him, he was at least 5 inches taller than you. You noticed his eyes, they were red.....and they looked strangely cat like.
"I-it's fine.." you mumble as he takes his hands off you. You just realized they were resting on your waist, and now you felt cold without them on you.
You examine him fully, "Are you wearing.....fake cat ears?.....and a tail?...." you asked him quietly. He was staring at you intensely, and that made you uncomfortable. "No, they're real actually." He said and took your hand in his as he lead your hand up to feel his ear. It was warm, and soft. You blushed and pulled your hand away quickly. "What!?" You asked and backed up, but quickly regretted it as he looked hurt. "I'm s-sorry." You stammered and stepped forward again.
"You're so pretty.." he said staring at you again. You blushed brightly and he touched your cheek. You backed up, "I have to go to school!" You said and quickly turned around and ran.
You looked back to seem him standing there. He looked lost and lonely. You wanted to go back, but you really did have to go to school.
You sighed. 'Just forget about him..... he'll break your heart too....and he seems kinda crazy...' You thought. No way those were real. He was messing with you obviously.
You sigh. 'He'll be gone when I get home, and I'll never see him again.' You thought.