Revenge (Draft)

I roll over in bed with a content smile. It's been a while since I got a full night's sleep. Reaching out I'm met with an empty bed...

"Devon?"

"Down here. Thought u might need some energy. Made you some breakfast"

It's a shame I love him. Makes everything a lot more trickier than it needs to be.

Oh well you live you learn.

"Aww, thank you. You really should get some rest, this isn't healthy. I could get attached you know."

His gruff laugh makes butterflies pool in my tummy.

"That's the plan love."

A soft kiss on my forehead pushes my hormones on overdrive.

Oh why, oh why do I put myself through such torture.

I devour the plate of waffles with honey and strawberries. The meal brings me blissful memories and a painful reminder of Diane.

Back on course with a reminder of why I am here. I finish up my breakfast and get ready to leave. Kissing goodbye to a place that brought much comfort and contentment.

"I'm sorry I have to leave this quickly. Unfortunately the world doesn't wait for our love."

FOR OUR LOVE?! What has gotten into me? I blame the waffles probably drugged with love.

"You can make it up tonight" Devons innuendo and kiss, makes it that much harder to put space between us and leave.

♧♡

"Let's go over the plan one more time. From the top. Devon will leave his office around 3. Maya you will be a begger who leads him to me in the dark room, and from there my revenge plan will be executed. Everyone else ensures, that under no circumstance will he escape. Everyone clear?"

"Yes ma'am" Everyone cheering in agreement reminds me that my feelings towards him mean nothing.

I hear her scream echo. The dagger in her chest. Her wicked smile slowly slipping away. This is for you Diane.

I loved him. He gave hope in this vile and cruel world. I trusted him and now Diane lies in my arm slowly bleeding to her demise.

SNAP out of it. Today you will ensure that Diane is in peace.

♤♡

Confusion coats his face as he steps into the room.

"Oh my it's just you. Had a fright of a lifetime. Almost believed I was fooled by the begger."

Just me. Soon he'll wish he was with the begger.

I press a button and chains lock him in. Time for the fun to begin.

He hesitantly looks at me surprise and fear overtaking he's facial expressions.

"R..Rae, W...what is happening?"

"A year ago I trusted you. I told you all about Diane. How she needed to end things, end some people but you..."

Anger overtakes me and I take out my knife tracing his throat.

"You taught oh well I have to be a hero, I have to be the better person. YOU BETRAYED ME!! You killed her."

"Rae, love. Diane was not okay. She was psychotic. I was saving people. She was overtaken by anger not thinking her decisions through hun."

"What would you know. Huh, WHAT!"

"My love everything I did was for you!"

Traitorous tears fill my eyes threatening to fall. Even after everything he knew exactly what to say to get to me but this time I will not allow it to control me. 

"You see this is how it's going to work, you listen, all your my love, hunny ain't going to work on me, LOVE!"

"If that's how you truly feel. Be my guest."

BAM

A gunshot reverberates, the chains fall lose and Devon falls in my arms.

They shot him.

Someone sits besides me...

"He was a murderer I didn't want you to kill him and watch how the guilt slowly kills you, so I did it for you."

And with that I was left alone. As sobs rack my body. Taking away my love. My heart. My life.

He was supposed to die.

I became a villian for her yet I weep for the man who caused it all.

They were right. The one I loved the most will be the one to hurt me the most.

This is a rough outline of a story I want to write.
But is there truly any potential in it? 🤔