Chapter 18

"These things are feeding off sunlight now!?"

"The lack of melanin production has allowed UV light to penetrate the skin, and infected ganglia are converting it into biomechanical energy. Another unintended mutation of HBRS exposure."

"So much for starving them to death. This just went from bad to fucked."

–General Jon Tyson. Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado. 2 Months After.

* * *

I love you, Nelly said, her naked form above his.

Liam groaned. Oh, how I've missed you.

It had been so long since the two had made love. So much time lost between them after he'd been trapped on Purgatory. But now they were together again, and it was like nothing had ever changed.

Her thighs rocked atop his waist and Liam stiffened to the touch. This was why he had struggled so hard to survive. He had spent so many years alone only because he knew that they would one day be reunited, and this was his reward. His soulmate recaptured, their love restored.

Liam went inside her. Oh, how there could be no greater form of heaven than now. Nelly moaned as he caressed her legs, and gasped as he bit down on her breasts. The wind picked up around them and the curtains fluttered. As Liam thrust harder inside her, she matched his growing intimacy with her own intensity. Her nails dug into his skin, and she pressed herself onto him, harder and faster.

Liam closed his eyes. There was nothing else in this world but the two of them. Life was but an exercise to find a companion, and they had found each other. The world's trifles were insignificant compared to their shared passion. Only the moment was real, and nothing else mattered.

Then Liam opened his eyes, and found that Nelly had transformed. Her skin had gone pale, and her hair was now black instead of blonde. A burgundy scarf had been wrapped around her face, leaving only her eyes in sight, their irises twisted from blue to violet.

He gasped. You can't! Liam tried to shift free. He couldn't let her turn him into one of those creatures!

But Nelly was stronger than she looked, and used her lithe form to anchor him in place, still grinding against his groin with a rising zeal. Liam's arousal grew as she fucked him, and there was nothing to be done. His hands gripped the smooth, pale skin of her breasts, even as it peeled away, and his eyes were locked with hers, their demonic gaze begging for more.

This was wrong, immoral, and outright disgusting, but he could not break away. Desperation had eclipsed caution, and it no longer mattered what form Nelly was in, only that he be with her. Liam would taste her carnal passion once more, even if it killed him!

As Liam reached his climax, she removed her scarf, parted her blackened lips, and vomited forth a stream of maggot-infested bile.

* * *

Liam awoke with a curse, followed by another, the second louder than the first. The sight of Nelly had been replaced with Mastermind, his childish face leaned in less than an inch from his own.

"What were you dreaming about?" he asked, sucking on his thumb.

"I don–" Liam started. "What!?"

"You were dreaming just now." He gestured to Liam's legs, where his erection was quite visible, even through the blanket. "Looks like it was a good one too. What was it about?"

Liam spotted the embarrassment in horror. He reflexively threw his hands over his waist and batted Mastermind away. The bastard scrambled to safety with a laugh. This could not have been more outrageous!