part 9: the eagle and lion's light

after what happened with shin. Shujinko trained sitri in her new familiar abilities. She's sick of being weak and frail. After what happened. Sitri felt like she needed to be stronger. She's improved pretty fast in just a month. Of course they have to keep it a secret. Can't have rhea flipping her shit. I spent the month in the infirmary. I got visits from byleth athro and shujinko. But mostly edelgard. I'm going to get a dance with her. Speaking of dancing. The white heron cup came around. Dorothea entered and won. Doesn't surprise me. Dorothea was songstress of mittelfrank. She had the training and experience to win. When the battle of the eagle and lion came around. I was allowed to leave the infirmary.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" edelgard asked.

"My wounds heal fast. And besides. The teachers are staying out of the fight. our opponents are athro and shujinko. And I'll be damned if I let the black eagles lose because I was in the infirmary." i said with conviction.

"He's right. I did a checkup on him recently. He's perfectly fine now." manuela said. She than sighed. "Wish i had that kind of healing." manuela said with envy.

"Just...don't get hurt like that again please." edelgard said. Her voice with worry.

"I will. I promise." i said. We then headed for gronder field. But i couldn't help but notice a couple of ashen wolves among us.

"Slayer. Constance. Why are you two here?" i asked.

"The ashen wolves house got disbanded after that rite of rebirth incident. So all of us joined up with the existing classes. Balthus joined up with the golden deer as a means to repay lord holst. Yuri and hapi joined up with the blue lions because the kingdom is where hapi's home is. And yuri being her boyfriend. Decided to tag along." slayer said. My eyes widened.

"Yuri and hapi are a couple? Guess they do lovey stuff behind a closed door?" i asked. Slayer nodded.

"I wish i could find a lover...though there love would be wasted on me..." constance said. Sounding completely unlike the high spirited noble i met in the abyss.

"What's up with her?" i asked.

"Constance has a dual personality disorder. She gets like this when in sunlight. As for why we're here. Edelgard promised to help rebuild her house. As for why i'm here. I want to see where your path ends...will you be holding edelgard in your arms as you stand on a mountain of dead agarthans. With everyone by your side? Or will your path end with a blade in your heart. Leaving the fate of the future to those left behind? I suppose only the hands of fate will tell." slayer said.

"Then you'll aid me in my path. You're a part of the empire now slayer. And as a member of the black eagles. We watch out for each other. Agree?" i asked. Slayer nodded. And all of us waited for the battle to start.

No ones pov.

An eagle flew through the sky. The knights of seiros blew their horns. Signifying the start of the battle of the eagle and lion. Rhea seteth byleth and sitri all watched from the peak.

"You all should know! That i have no intention of going easy on you today!" dimitri yelled. As he pointed his spear.

"As long as we can pull off the win. Doesn't matter how." claude casually said. As he flipped his bow.

"Our victory must be absolute. No matter what it may take." edelgard said as she flicked her hair. Natsu athro slayer and shujinko readied their weapons. As they looked up to rhea to give the signal to begin

"It is time." seteth said. The knight next to him raised the flag.

"Forward! Now!" edelgard yelled as her soldiers charged.