17. Harwin induced Trance

Avalons adored her niece Rhaenyra, she loved Rhaenyra to pieces but for the life of her she couldnt get Rhaenyra to calm down about Alicent marrying Viserys.

Avalon wanted to be shoving her face in cake, carrot cake to be exact but she was looking for Rhaenyra.

"Its a wedding! Where are you! I can get you drunk and we can dance and-" avalon begged as she stumbled right into Harwin.

"Im so sorry Ser Harwin!" Avalon declared.

"We have known each other how long now princess and you still without fail call me ser." Harwin countered and Avalon bit her lip trying to hide her blush.

"You call me princess." She countered

"You are a princess."

"You are a knight. I was born with my title you on the other hand earned yours. Your Ser is much more impressive than my princess." Avalon reasoned.

"So what if you call me Harwin and I call you Avalon." Harwin pondered. Daemon rolled his eyes seeing harwin and avalon together.

"I would like that." Avalon agreed unable to contain her smile.

"Auntie!" Rhaenyras voice echoed down the hall.

"Perhaps I will see you soon Ser Harwin." Avalon said hopefully.

"I hope so princess." He agreed staring down at her.

"Harwin." She corrected softly. He leaned in his breath on her cheek.

"Avalon." He answered and it made her heart flutter at his breath on her face his deep voice rough but smooth and that charming smile as he pulled away. Daemon shook his head. What was avalon doing flirting with another man? That wouldnt do. He hadnto remind her that she was his.

"Auntie!"

"I should go." Avalon remarked but her feet wouldnt move.

"Me too." Harwin agreed still staring back at her.

She felt like a little kid again not able to form sentences around gorgeous men that might like her. He did like her. He wouldnt look at her like this if he didnt Avalon deduced. Harwin Strong liked her and she was staring at him like a loon.

Avalon was going to be alone forever. That was her final deduction.

"Auntie there you are!" Rhaenyra declared pulling Avalon out if her Harwin induced trance.

"I was looking for you." Both girls declared.

"I want cake and you were not at the wedding feast. I was. Therefore it is I that was looking for you because you were not where you were supposed to be." Avalon corrected.

"I hate her. I hate her. I hate Alicent forever!"

"Alicent was chosen she didnt choose to marry viserys." Avalon coed.

"Yet she is." Rhaenyra shouted.

"Its a losing feat to say no to the king." Avalon offered. "Rhaenyra she is your best friend. Do not lose that. She will need you too."

"As she is fucking my father?"

"Yes I will admit thats a bit strange to imagine viserys marrying a child." Avalon agreed "but you know Alicent. She is a sweet girl. Loves her books like viserys does. Their relationship will be more... intellectual is my guess. Not love struck physical- I cant keep talking. Im grossing myself out," avalon admitted.

"You were no help." Rhaenyra shouted marching away.

"I just wanted damn cake! I was trying to be a good aunt!" Avalon called after her. "And this is the bloody thanks I get."