𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓴𝓮'𝓼 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮

𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓴𝓮'𝓼 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮

TIM DRAKE'S COMPLETED PROFILE
by icecoffeeluver

childhood & adolescence

Let's begin with speaking about Tim's neglectful childhood and his relationships with parent-like figures.

jack and janet drake

Tim's relationship with Jack and Janet Drake isn't the best. They were not the best parents but they also could have been worse. They were inattentive and neglectful towards Tim. In some versions Jack could be abusive, and Janet was more manipulative.

However, to get his parents to notice him and pay more attention to him, Tim had to prove his worth. He mostly proved it by his intelligence, over achieving in school. This causes many more complications in the future which I'll get more into momentarily.

Tim experienced emotional neglect which can be defined as an individual's affectional needs are consistently disregarded, ignored, invalidated, or unappreciated by a significant other.

Jack and Janet always disregarded Tim's needs growing up making him experience this type of neglect. This is one of the main reasons as to why Tim shows symptoms of depression, emotional neglect causes depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, abandonment issues, sleep difficulties etc. I'll get more into this later.

Tim had to parent himself for his whole childhood. He thought of himself as a certified adult at the age of eight. He would take care of himself if he was sick, attempted to feed himself etc. he had to adapt to new environments without anyone there to support or reassure him. He's a parentified kid.

Being an only child meant he couldn't allow himself to rely on others, causing trust issues to form as well as loneliness. His only interactions were with the housekeeper that came around once a week. That is until he met Bruce.

bruce and tim

Now exploring Tim's relationship with Bruce. Tim forces his way into Bruce's life, forcing Bruce to let him become Robin. Bruce is pretty adamant that he doesn't want another Robin but eventually allows Tim to become Robin.

During Tim's time as Robin at the beginning Bruce gives him harsher treatment out of anger and grief. Batman was being harsher to criminals, almost going against his no killing role.

This caused Tim to reverse roles with Bruce, instead of Bruce taking care of Tim, Tim took care of Bruce. Going back to his old state of mind when he parents himself. He's left to deal with not only his own consequences but Bruce's as well.

This causes a lot of stress on the mind which allows itself to mature faster, similar to what I said about Jason in his profile. When Bruce realizes what's going on and starts treating Tim more like a child it confuses Tim considering he isn't one. He's an adult, so why isn't Bruce treating him like an adult?

This causes Tim to have difficulties learning to distinguish his own needs and feelings from those of other people. Which can cause troubles with emotional regulation and difficulties maintaining relationships. Which leads us into the next section of this analysis.

mental illness i think tim has or had

Bipolar Disorder (bd) with mixed features and rapid cycling

Tim experiences depression and possibly mania which leads me to this thought that he may be bipolar.

Let's start with the depression symptoms. He shows signs of being suicidal, low energy, low self-esteem etc. we all know he's depressed.