Chapter 3

Alex's POV

After finishing all my food, newt and Minho had to leave. I sat quietly in the room and daydreamed about unimportant stuff until I was interupted. Wicked is good!
Echoed through my mind.
Don't always trust everyone.
What does that even mean?
The last one got me the most.
You don't always survive.
I yelped in fear and slammed my hands onto my head multiple times. "Get out of my head!" I screamed, "shut up!"
Newt scrambled into the room with wide eyes. "Alex what's wrong?" Newt asked and ran over to my side quickly grabbing my hands. Tears streamed down my face, "the voices, they told me things Newt, I'm scared" I whispered. He gave me a look of sympathy and pulled me into a gentle hug. "Its ok love, they can't get you" Newt calmly whispered in my ear and rubbed my back soothingly. I pulled away and whipped my tear away. "If your feeling any better I could give you a tour of the glade" Newt said with a smile. I nodded unsurly, I placed my feet on the floor and slowly stood up from the bed afraid of falling. I pushed up and clutched onto Newt for dear life as my knees buckled from under me. "I gotcha" Newt mutter and slowly pried me off of him. I got my balance and followed behind Newt as he lead me outside. On the way out people have me weird looks, some were smiling, others glared, and gave untrustworthy glances at each other. I looked at the floor in embarrassment, I hate being the center of attention.

{After tour}

When Newt finished the tour, he introduced me to some of the gladers, I met a chubby kid named chuck, and a boy named Thomas. They were both very nice and I knew I was accepted right when I made eye contact with them. "Tonight where having a celebrating for you Alex" Newt said interupting my thoughts. I nodded and gave a shy smile. "You don't have to" I muttered, a blush grew on my cheeks, happy that I would be welcomed as a glader soon. "No, its rules, we always have a bonfire and watch the fights, talk, and drink some of gallys secret recipe" Newt said and pointed to a boy with weird looking eyesbrows, that was reluctantly staring straight at me with a hard glare. I froze under his sight, something about him made me feel uneasy as I coward down and hid behind newt. "Its alright, he's mean, but you'll get used to him love" Newt said and kindly took my hand leading me to the kitchen where I met frypan. "Well if it ain't Mrs. Popular" frypan said with a huge smile. He leaned his head on his elbow and gave me a playful wink, "everyone's talking about you, your basicley everyone's talking about" frypan chuckled. I was handed a plate of meat and salad. I muttered a thank you to frypan and followed Newt to a table that chuck was sitting at. After eating our dinner, all the runners came back, while eating newt explained all the different jobs to me and told me I would begin job trials tomorrow. "Alright Alex the bonfires about to start" Chuck cheered and dragged me by my hand outside where a few boys were holding torch's in front of a T.P structure with an animal skull on top. "3..2..1" the boys threw in the sticks and the T.P engolfed in flames everyone cheered and patted me on the back. "The fights at about to begin come on let's watch" Newt said and brought me over to a fighting ring where Gally and another glader was fighting. After Gally landed another punch the poor kid went flying out of the ring and onto the floor. Everyone cheered and complimented Gally on his accomplishment. Some kind of power? Or spark went through me and before I could stop myself I yelled out, "I'll fight you Gally" the whole glade when silent and Newt gave me a look of disapproval, Thomas, Chuck, and Minho gave me looks of horror and even pity. "I'd beat you in a second" Gally said smirking. "Oh yeah, try me" I snarled and walked into the ring. I stuck my hand out and shook his hand. "Good luck" I growled. "3...2...1...go!" Gally charged straight at me, I stepped to the side so he was only grasping air. I pulled back my arm and gave a mild punch to his potato nose, he doubled over in pain and held onto his bloody nose. "Sorry did I hurt you" I sneered. I ran with all my might towards Gally and put my hands on his shoulder and pushed him back with all the force I had, Gally went flying back and out of the ring, he hit the floor with a thud signaling I had won the fight. Cheers and compliments filled the air. Minho came bounding over a huge smile plastered on his face. "You beat the undefeated champion!" He yelled cheerfully and pulled my into a hug. Sparks of electricity flowed through my veins as his arms wrapped around me. But without hesitation i hugged back and gave him a shy smile as my cheeks heated up.