Chapter 1 : Fate (rewrite 22/12/2022)

[22/12/2022]
I had decided that I needed to change a few things and went on to rewrite the first two chapters a bit.

After the two rewrites I'll be continuing to write and publish chapter 3 sorry ehe. I just felt the need to for some reason.

————————

Cale Henituse had changed the fate of the world he now lives in. Destruction was what it was destined for.

Fate is not something that can be changed easily but if it does change. Consequences will come with it sooner or later.

The man who was at fault has many secrets that are, is and will be kept hidden. His family is filled with people he cherishes even when he does not say it aloud.

Even if it is his own family, although being cherished and close to his heart, he dares to not utter a word of the dark secrets he has. If they ever find out, it does not matter, it just eases the man more. Only few people know of his secret and those are his hyung, Choi Han and a dragon, a child who was only 4 years old when he met his human.

The ex-commander thought that after the death of the White Star, he'll be able to live in peace with his family, live a slacker life one could say. But too bad, secrets like the original world ought to be revealed one way or another.

"Cale Henituse." A whispery voice can be heard lurking in the shadows.

As Cale heard those voices, he felt himself having a headache and vision going blurry.

That man had started to fall unconscious but shortly after heard the same voice whispering his name.

'What the hell is this!?' Shaking the dizziness he felt away, he saw that his surroundings that once been a sunny afternoon, was pitch darkness.

He kept hearing the same voice over and over again.

"Don't tell me..." Unconsciously wording out his thoughts, he could recognize that ringing voice. Just thinking about the said man gives him a headache already.

"It has been a long time since I've seen you, my child." The man revealed himself to Cale as he was talking.

It was the God of Death.

Sigh.

'I knew it.' Even after the death of White Star and sealing the sealed god he can never catch a break. Problems are bound to come at every turn.

"What do you want this time?" Cale was in a bad mood and just wanted to leave as quickly as possible.

"...Recently, I and the other gods have discovered a situation that requires attention." Talking in a serious tone, Cale immediately figured it was a matter that can't go overlooked but...

"Why am I involved?" The crimson haired man glared at the God of Death wanting him to elaborate on the matter.

"A world has been created as a consequence for those who have defied the laws of time a number of times. Why I have called you here is well..." The God of Death lifted a finger and pointed it at Cale. "That is because you are the source, Cale Henituse."

The last sentence made Cale gulp in anxiousness as he got chills.

The last time he recalled someone defying the laws of time was when he was still Kim Rok Soo. He was the one that was supposed to die.

Many questions are running through his mind as there are many questions that need to be answered.

"How am I the source of this situation? To be frank with you, this has not only been caused by me, but you and those other gods are also at fault. If you paid attention closer, maybe this wouldn't have happened." Cale crossed his arms and glared at that god in front of him. He was really pissed off.