[DxE] Denial is a river in Egypt

"I couldn't be in love with my best friend! He is a man! I am a man! This is wrong... atleast that is what the society thinks." I thought to myself as I noticed myself staring at my gorgeous best friend.

David has been my best friend since we were like.. what? eight years old? Yep, that long. But I have only just started feeling differently towards him. Wait! Did I actually say that? No, I didn't.  I just think of him as my dearest friend.

Yeah, totally! It was the distance between us in the past few months that made me desperate for him. But now that we are friends again, I'm feeling even closer to him. That's the only explanation to what I am feeling.

"It could never be more than that." Besides I used to love his sister so I'm probably not gay. I was overthinking as I didn't notice the person I was staring at walk away. Then later, I hear steps behind me.

"What could never be more than what?" The voice asked.

"David! Ah- Y-You scared me." I jumped before I could notice how close he was to me. I think he noticed my flustered face when he stepped backwards by a little bit.

"Ah, I'm sorry I-"

"It's okay!" I interrupted him before he could say anything. I don't think I can handle him talking about that.

"So, what was that all about?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I knew what he meant but I didn't want to explain.

"About what you were talking to yourself." He asked.

"O-oh, That! Ha, I was just thinking about the homework we got today, It's too much! It will take a whole day to do." I lied.

We didn't have much homework. I lied to get out of the situation and avoid him for good.

"But-"

Before he could say anything else I gave him a quick goodbye and walked away briskly.

I hated how my heart begins to burst at the thought of this man, and when he's close to me, it feels like my heart will literally come out of my chest.

"I hate to admit it but I loved the feeling."