Chapter 27

Adrien's P.O.V

I knew the look that she gave me, I knew what that entailed and what the outcome will be to those unwise enough to initiate her in combat while I'm in the crosshairs, however, I was more concerned about myself about whether or not I can follow through with her instructions of taking one's life.

I'm a hero that only had to worry about defeating the Akumatized villains and purifying the moths afterward so that the person can return to who they were before being akumatized no one was ever injured that ladybug couldn't fix... Now isn't that case we are in a situation where bad people that can't be reasoned with, people who can't change back to who they were, and people who are more than ready to kill if given the slightest chance. 

"My treasure, breath," (y/n) whispered to me while holding my face in her hands as she stared into my eyes. Snapping out of my thoughts, I take a shaky breath staring at her while I was shaking under her touch, unaware of how I froze after what she said. 

"(y... (y/n)" I shakily reply, while I stare into her eyes knowing full well she could tell I was scared because I never killed anyone.

"Shhh, my heart I know, I know but I need you focused okay? I need you to stay close and leave the killing to me but I need you," She whispered, gently rubbing soothing circles on my cheeks as I gently bring my hand up to cover her hands.

I nod, grabbing the knife she gifted me as I followed her out of the room taking several turns down corridors and stairs so far we haven't run into much trouble that was the case until there stood someone in front of the exit. I heard (y/n) curse under her breath before she stood tall and made her way to the figure not before telling me to stay hidden in the shadows and not intervene. I wanted to protest that was before I saw who she was facing it looked like my father only he had a scar over one of his eyes and he was built almost like a mountain compared to (y/n) but that wasn't what made me freeze to my spot, but the look in his eyes... they were cold, hard as if no love was present in them as he looked down at my captain challenging her to do something against him. 

"So you're the mighty captain of the Golden Spectre," he spoke, with an edge to his voice that sent shivers down my back. 

"The only," (y/n) replied, but her voice seemed to have broken through the king's cold shell as he took a step back from her as she leaned forward towards him.

"Seeing as you got out of your restraints I can assume my son is somewhere nearby then," he grumbled while scanning the room. Fearing he might see me I try to force myself closer to the wall I was leaning against trying to blend in with the shadows more that was until I heard him say, "No matter I'll find him later once I collect your head and show the world that you are no monster to be feared just another mortal,"

My heart started to laugh but it was something to fear as the smoke that surrounded her on the ship returned encasing her and the sounds of tearing could be heard amongst the laughter that became distorted. The king turned pale as a sheet of paper as the smoke cleared and there she stood in all her glory the king pulled out his sword and charged at her which she easily dodged tripping up the king and cutting the side of his shirt. The king quickly got to his feet and soon swords were clashing and sparks flew as the king was trying to overpower (y/n) but all that force he was using was just causing him to lose his strength faster. The fight continued to rage on with the king trying his best to win a fight or to gain the upper hand, but with one misstep the king found his sword arm dropped to the floor and blood spewing from his wound. 

"Please, spare me!" he cried out, clutching desperately at his arm to stop the bleeding. My dear captain just strutted closer licking the blood off the cutlass that was her arm with a smile on her face and her tail swinging back and forth in a gentle rhythm. 

"Spare you... I don't think I will, you haven't spared your people from poverty, nor have you spared your wife from the execution you arranged, nor have you spared your son from your cruelty so why should I spare scum like you? (y/n) spoke, while pointing out the king's sins one by one as she stalked closer and closer to the king while he crawled back until he was met with a wall that prevented him from moving further back from her. Slowly I left my spot on the wall and made my way toward her gently taking her attention away from the king to me.

"S...son you here. Come help your dear old dad huh? Why don't the two of us kill her and then return home what do you say?" the king said, smiling at me and trying to convince me to hurt my beautiful mate. 

"Sorry, dad but I came here to convince her to let you live but have you in such a state no one will recognise that you are the king," I replied, with venom dripping from my voice when I said dad while wrapping my arms around her waist and placing my head on her shoulder so I could smell her intoxicating scent.  

"My, my your highness it seems I'm rubbing off on you," (y/n) said, while running her fingers through her hair. 

"You filthy bastard if I knew you'd do this to me I'd have you killed alongside that wretch of a mother of yours!" the king shouted, with eyes full of rage, but before he could continue (y/n) held him with her tail and cut out his tongue and began to disfigure his face so no one would recognise him. My hold tightened on my darling not wanting to see what I just condemned my father in this time to know that I just gave him a fate worse than death... What have I done