two.

"even with our countless shouts,"

"we couldn't reach each other's hearts"

•••

her heart stopped.

the moment xiao clasped his hand around the blonde's, y/n's eyes welled with tears. she bit her lip, clenched her fists and looked away, tears dripping on her school uniform.

quickly shutting her locker door, y/n rushed to the bathroom. she tried to avoid any interaction with the other students. 'why her? what does he see in her that i don't have? did i do something wrong?'

"dear me, i'm terribly sorry!" the grey haired female spoke. y/n was too lost in her thoughts to see where she was going and bumped into noelle.

"no it was my fault, sorry.." she apologised, her voice shaky. noelle noticed y/n seemed different from her usual self. she turned to face the crying girl.

"is everything alright?" noelle asked, a concerned look on her face.

"um, yeah." y/n sniffed, forcing a smile.

"if you need anything, please ask." noelle smiled. y/n nodded and continued walking towards the toilets, her smile fading.

•••

y/n entered a cubicle and looked at herself in her iphone camera. 'lucky i didn't have mascara on today.' she thought, checking her makeup. y/n exited the stall, fixing up any minor imperfections from her tears.

she proceeded to class, praying that the couple wouldn't appear again, for she would absolutely lose it and break down.

•••

the first period was boring as per usual, being a monday morning. y/n, for the first time in 4 years, felt the extreme boredom and utter loneliness of being a single person.

at lunch, y/n planned to avoid sitting where she usually sat, afraid of walking in on xiao with his new partner. so instead, she sat near the vending machine, on a bench, all alone.

==flashback==

irresistible duo

6:45am

bestie heizou
hey imma have to ditch you today 👉👈

y/nie~
yo why??

bestie heizou
cos I pulled an all nighter and got sick 🤒

y/nie~
mhm sure 🤨

bestie heizou
no actually
remember that project I told you about yesterday

y/nie~
oh that one

bestie heizou
yah that one

y/nie~
well I hope you get better soon hei

bestie heizou
I humbly appreciate your concern for me, y/n.

y/nie~
you're most welcome
ACTUALLY WHO AM I GONNA HANG OUT WITH TODAY??
I'M GONNA BE A LONER

bestie heizou
well, you're gonna have to cope, it's just one day

y/nie~
YEAH BUT THIS "ONE DAY" JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE DAY AFTER MY BREAKUP WITH XIAO AFTER 4 YEARS AND MY MENTAL BREAKDOWN BECAUSE OF HIM

bestie heizou
sorry I promise we'll go Korean bbq as soon as I finish my project

y/nie~
aww, really 🥺

bestie heizou
yes

y/nie~
thank you, you're the best 🤍 but don't rush your project because of me

bestie heizou
i won't
i wanna get some decent grades for this one

y/nie~
but you're already a straight A student..
oh yea gotta get ready for school
anyways hope you get better and have a great day bestie 😚

bestie heizou
okie thanks you too bestie 😚
read 6:56am

==end flashback==

"hey, you seem pretty down today. wanna hang out with us?" a blonde male approached y/n, followed by two blue haired students. she recognised the blonde, as they were in the same cooking class, and guessed that the other two were siblings, judging by their matching appearances.

"thoma?" she glanced at him, meeting his emerald eyes. "yes, if you don't mind." she smiled at the trio.

"kamisato ayato, head of the kamisato clan. delighted to make your acquaintance." the older male spoke, looking into y/n's eyes.

"kamisato ayaka, present! delighted to make your acquaintance." the younger smiled, hands resting in front of her skirt.

"l/n y/n, pleasure to meet you both."she nodded at them. y/n felt like she was attending a fancy ball and meeting royal people. their presence felt comfortable and pleasant to be around.

•••

the group walked towards their usual spot after purchasing drinks from the vending machine where y/n was initially sitting.

"so, do you have any plans? we're going to an arcade tonight if you'd like to join." thoma asked y/n. her eyes sparkled when they mentioned an arcade.

"i'd love to. i haven't been to one in ages." she replied, looking up at the clear blue sky. thoma smiled at her.

"also, yoimiya's joining us as well. do you know her?" he mentioned. y/n thought for a moment before her eyes widened.

"you mean the girl who won the art competition with the fireworks last year?" she asked, shocked.

"she's awesome isn't she?" ayaka giggled at her reaction. y/n nodded at her, stars in her eyes.

"awesome! i'll send you the details." thoma took out his phone and texted y/n about the night out.

•••

*bell ringing*

"thanks for letting me hang out with you guys today." y/n bowed at them.

"our pleasure." ayato spoke, sipping his boba.

"no worries, let us know when you need us." ayaka looked at y/n. she smiled at the trio before waving goodbye and heading to her next classes.

with more to look forward to later that day, y/n's mood lifted greatly, and what she expected to be a boring and repetitive week turned into the exact opposite; a fun and enjoyable one with her new found friends, and the memories they made together.

•••

hey hey hey

another chapter released 😎

hope you're enjoying this story so far (even tho its only chapter 2 fufu)

next chapter is arcade date <33