30

CHAPTER 30

I ate and kept it all down, like somehow Donovan was my eating problem. Iyan was amazing along with the Jollof Rice. I loved how strange my meal was, I'm not saying the foods strange I'm saying the food choices are so random. Like there are tacos and chilli along with pasta and a few other things.

I ate a bit of everything and Andrew smiled when he noticed I was eating then proceeded to tell me how good of a job I was doing.

Mum was at work so she wouldn't know about Donovan, I don't know how the boys got tricked to get out, maybe they thought mum come back early.

The boys joined the table after showering and this here feels like what Thanksgiving and family dinners should feel like, I'm comfortable and unconcerned about anything including judgement.

I don't know how Caden knows my favourite foods and personally, I don't care. Caden knows something about me.

"My abs are gone for the night," Caden says with a tired sigh after eating a majority of the food same as Andrew. "I don't wanna stay here," I admit. "Think your girlfriend will let us stay at the Cabins?" Caden asks Andrew. "Yeah but she'd somehow convince me to stay the night with her at her house so that means it would just be you two."

Mum has been gone for a lot longer then she should have been. Anyways, alone with Caden at a Cabin that takes thirty minutes to drive to from anywhere?

Sounds fun.

"What did... you two do with the body you guys were gone for a little bit," I say. "We took him somewhere where no one would find him, they'll think he's missing, we forged a note as well like he left. Now all I gotta do is think about how I'm gonna get rid of my father, my mother as well, she's just like him, she's probably encouraging him to do it."

He helps us clean up the take out boxes and wipes the table down. "I'll drive her to the cabin," he says when Andrew confirms that Sophia had snuck the key to her room for Andrew to grab.

"Just stop down the road from her house first so I can grab the key for you two." Andrew in my lucid dream would have half killed Caden if he knew we were gonna be alone together for a night maybe more.

"Go pack some things Abigail," Andrew says. "I... don't wanna go into my room," I say. "It's cleaned like nothing happened," He says. "Can you come with me?" I ask and he follows me.

By the time I have my bags packed, mum is pulling up into the drive way four hours later then she should have been back. "Use your acting skills on mum," Andrew says and I walk out and instantly think about the past dramatic experience to make myself cry.

Mum looks at me when I find her and she sighs. "Mum, dad left," I sobbed. She closes the front door and hangs her keys up before moving her bag to the lounge.

"What do you mean he left?" She asks. "He said all this stuff about how he hates that us kids stopped your sex life and everything and he's pissed we took all your attention, so he left," I say.

"When did he leave?" She asks and wipes under my eyes. "Two hours ago,' I say and she hugs me. "It's okay, I never actually loved him..." Chris the Korean man my mother loved in the dream, he's her boss.

"Who do you love mum?" I ask. "I don't need to love someone when I have you guys, I mean there is this one guy but I'm just happy I don't have to be that side of myself anymore if he's gone for good," She says.

"What do you mean?" I ask. I look up at her, mum is a few inches taller then me without heels and now that she's in heels she is only a few inches shorter than Andrew.

"He isn't your father baby," She said. "And he had a lot against me and forced me to be horrible to you two, mostly you so that he could see like the great parent to you, which built up my suspicion to read his diary."