𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

chapter five
cool grandma

"Good job, team," my coach says clapping his hands

"Thanks, coach," I say, smilling.

My sweat is literally dripping down my back. I can feel it.

Which means, I did good today. Which also means, I can go to the bakery.

For some very odd reason, I'm excited to go today. Maybe it's because I put in a lot off effort in today's practice.

Or is there something else?

No way.

I opened the door, walked my way towards my car and unlocked it. The moment I sat inside, the heater was on. I swear it's like freezing outside.

Soon, the thought of me taking a bite out of the scrumptious cookie was sticking in my head. The chocolate oozing out makes me mouth water.

After the dreadful car ride, I managed to reach to the bakery and walk in without eating the road out of hunger.

"Hello, soccer dude." My head immediately snaps around to her adjusting her apron.

A smile finds it's way to my face.

"Hey, bakery girl."

"You look like you just showered. Do you want a tissue to wipe off the liquid on your face?"

"Yes, thanks you," I say while accepting the tissue she's holding out for me.

And just like that, I forgot how hungry I was.

After crumpling up the tissue, I threw it away in the bin.

I grabbed a tong and a tray before walking to my favourite aisle.

The cookie aisle.

As I'm taking the cookies, I hear her speaking.

"You know, when you said you liked those cookies, I never expected you to like them this much."

"I actually don't like them. I love them." I walk towards her with a goofy smile.

"Sure, boy," she says, raising her eyebrows and smiling.

"Oh dearie─ Oh hello boy," the old women says while smiling.

"Sorry for intruding your little moment but your mother called you, dear."

"Okay, nana. Tell her I'll call her later," she says smiling to her nana.

This is so adorable.

"Anyways, you both can continue talking now. I'll just skadadle," she winks at her granddaughter before going back into the kitchen.

Now that's a cool grandma.

»»────── ✩ ──────««

merry christmas!!