chapter thirteen

"Since everything got solved. Should we head back now that the cops are closing up on the location?" Felicity asked through the earpiece as her and Laurel waited in the van.

"Yeah. We probably should," I told him as he needed to get out of here before detective Lance could get ahold of him.

"You want a ride back to the lair," Merlyn asked.

"To the what?" I laughed in surprise.

"To the place where everything goes down," I nodded with the excitement of a little kid as we began to head back to the car I snuck out of earlier.

"Please tell me you didn't do anything to my car," Tommy said worried.

Dig parted way with us and got into the van that Laurel and Felicity was in as they drove away.

"Oh believe me when I say that I wanted to but I'm too good for that. Next time it's gonna be you though," I told him as we got into the car. We were parked with a bit of distance from the location. The police had began to go inside.

"Tommy. Before we go, can we just make sure the cops have Bennett when they go out," I asked him and received a nod in return. "Of course," he said. "Also with the way you punched him- I'll say you knocked him out good. He's not going anywhere," he assured me smiling. The cops walked out with Bennett having the handcuffs on.

Now that assured me that he was in the hands of law enforcement. He just needed to be held accountable for Kenjis murderer. I was going to be at every one of those court meetings making sure that he never made it out..

"We can leave now," I said with a weak smile to Tommy and drove away.

"Tell me Merlyn. Where is the lair?" I asked.

"Woman can't you just sit back and relax until we get there," he said looking at me.

"No," he rolled his eyes to me while responding with a smile.

"So, how is things going with Audrey," I asked him.

"Things are going great actually. We are moving in with each other in two weeks," he said.

"Oh that's fast," I told him.

"Yeah I thought so too but she made some good points and it just seems like a good step for us," he stated as I nodded in understanding.

Tommy had started to drive up to the club. I guess the lair was closer to home than I thought.

"Tell me again how I missed it was here? Is it underground? I bet it is underground." I rambled.

"Really? Can't you let anything surprise you?" he stared at me. Instead I just gave him a 'are you actually asking' look. He just waved his hand in defeat.

Tommy headed in into the club with me walking behind him as if I had never been in there before. He walked behind the bar and I followed him into a backroom which lead to another door that required a code. Merlyn showed me the code and he held the door up for me to go inside. It was dark but the light from outside the door was enough to show the staircase. When he closed the door I had to guide myself down when the light from outside disappeared while Merlyn walked down behind me. As I tried to find the next steep I felt myself trip but felt hands around my hips hold me up. I felt him stand inches away from me.

"Are you good?" He asked me.

"Uh. Yeah. Thanks. It's kind of hard to see in this pitch black room. You should really tell my brother to invest in a light switch upstair by the entrance not downstair" I joked away the tension. As I moved back away from Tommy, I heard the lights turn on slowly as Tommy pressed the light switch. At the same time I saw his eyes looking at mine but the moment ended as fast as the door we came in from, opened. It revealed Oliver, Felicity, Diggle and Laurel coming down the stairs. I took a look around and saw the big room with tech set ups as well as displays for the suits of the vigilante. In the middle of the room there was an open area for training possibly. Large monitors surrounded the room.