Chapter 2 - Doubts and Food

So far the trip to the market isn't a disaster, though I did have to keep Wukong from stealing something as if I didn't have the money to buy it. He didn't make it any easier when we arrived at the register to check out. He nearly caused a scene from bursting out laughing over the comment the sweet older lady that was ringing up our groceries said. I didn't know what it was she said until the disguised monkey decided to repeat what she said in English. She had said we looked like a lovely little couple, but instead of telling her we aren't dating he just laughed. It filled me with so many different emotions, but I did my best to hide it behind a smile. I apologized to her for his behavior as I paid for everything. Once everything was paid for I grabbed some of the bags while Wukong grabbed the rest and quickly headed out of the store.

"Hey! What's got you in a rush?" I just ignored my companion as I made my way to my car. I know this'll just annoy him, but right now I don't care. I just want to get home so I can make dinner and have this day end already. I was going to keep ignoring Wukong if it wasn't for the way he pinned me against the back of my car when we were done putting the bags in the trunk. I could see in his eyes the emotions he was trying his best to not completely take over to avoid drawing attention to us in a public place, as if he hadn't pretty much done that in the store.

"I don't appreciate being ignored. Now tell me, why are you in such a rush." I didn't answer him, just staring into his eyes until I broke eye contact. I looked everywhere, but him to keep my emotions in check. He's really taking a toll on me without even being aware of it, or he knows and is just acting like an oblivious idiot to see how far he can go with it. "I just want to get home so I can get dinner started." I say as I look back at him, which was to see if he'd actually believe me. Though I doubt it. We have another staring contest before he moves away from me. "You could have just said that in the first place." I hold back a scoff and just nod. The drive home was quiet, which made it feel like it was taking longer to get home. However, it was roughly the same amount of time spent driving to the store.

I backed into the driveway to make taking in the groceries easier and quicker. I didn't say much else to Wukong as we got the groceries out and took them inside other than telling him where to put everything. I did notice that as soon as I closed the front door he easily transformed back to his normal self. Yet I made no comment on it since it wasn't my priority. Once we finished putting the groceries away, while leaving out what was needed to make dinner, I stayed in the kitchen and the monkey went off to check on his master.

Before I got started with making dinner I sent my manager a message that I wouldn't be able to come in tomorrow due to catching some stomach bug or something. It didn't take long for her to tell me that she'd fix the schedule for the rest of the week so I'd have a few days off to get better and make sure that I wouldn't get anyone else sick. I decided to just tell her thank you for the off days instead of just saying I just needed a day off since I don't know how long I'd need to make sure that my new guests wouldn't destroy my home while I'm at work. Though from the small trip it seemed the ones that were left here didn't damage anything. I'm not all that surprised since the true troublemaker of the group was with me. Which means I'll have to figure out things to occupy his attention to avoid him causing any chaos.

"Oh wow, I sound like the Jade Emperor." I mumbled to myself as I started on making supper, which is vegetarian ramen. I had looked up some vegetarian recipes while at the market and thought it wouldn't be too difficult. Of course I've never made actual ramen that didn't come in those instant noodle packets. "I really need to finish reading the Journey to the West." I had only read eleven chapters of it so far, but with my attention span being shit it's no surprise that I haven't finished it. At least it's not a surprise to me. Though I have watched the Overly Sarcastic Productions videos on it since I know it's going to take me a while to read the book and some of the movies on the Monkey King have sort of spoiled some of the book.