Lake Loagai

They're here...

Zuko stared at the flyer he found while traversing the city.

The Avatar's in the city...

Zuko had another chance. He could capture him and go home.

Uncle's not going to like it though...

Zuko knew that his uncle wanted to start a new life in Ba Sing Se. One away from the war and the Fire Nation.

But Zuko wasn't able to sit contently in this commoner life that his Uncle loved so much. He wanted to return home. He wanted to restore his honor and regain everything he had lost.

And now I have a chance to do that...

The flyer in his hand showed the flying bison that the avatar and his friends took. They reported it missing and wanted it returned to them in the upper ring.

If they're looking for their bison then that means they're in the city. They're stuck here and they can't leave unless they find their Bison.

Zuko knew he wasn't going to get another chance like this. If he failed to capture the Avatar's bison then the Avatar would flee and Zuko would be stuck in Ba Sing Se for the rest of his life.

I have to stop him from leaving. It's the only way to achieve my destiny. The only chance I have at restoring what I've lost.

He tried not to think about how happy his uncle was to work at his tea shop. How nice the people of this city were. How they were so unlike what his father had told him about the Earth Kingdom.

His mind flashed to Song who shared her scars with him and how he repaid her by stealing their horse. His mind flashed to Jin, who enjoyed his company even if he was lying to her. His mind flashed to Lee and Sela, and how they treated him with kindness before they figured out who he was.

He gripped the paper in his hand, steeling himself to show his uncle and tell him of his decision.

Even if Uncle doesn't approve, I have to do this. The only place I belong is the Fire Nation. I can't stay in Ba Sing Se forever, the only chance I have is to capture the Avatar and go home. It's my destiny...

Zuko breathed out as he entered the old tea shop, freezing as he saw his Uncle turn to him with a wide smile.

Iroh beamed, "Zuko, I have great news! We're moving to the upper ring and getting our tea shop. What should I call it? I think 'The Jasmine Dragon' has a nice ring to it don't you?"

Zuko watched with wide eyes and a sinking realization that his uncle wouldn't come with him if he captured the Avatar's Bison. He was so happy here, his Uncle wouldn't want to leave Ba Sing Se.

He won't leave this place. It's his dream...

Iroh stopped talking as he looked at his nephew curiously.

"What's wrong nephew? You seem quiet?"

Zuko gulped and crumbled up the paper in his hand, deciding that he wouldn't drag his uncle into his destiny anymore.

Zuko shook his head, "It's nothing, uncle. I'm just surprised that's all. Is there anything you need help with?"

Iroh looked at his nephew, trying to figure out if he was lying or not...

Maybe I'm just imagining things. It is a big change, after all.

Iroh shrugged, "Well we have to pack all the tea cups. Ooh and we'll have to get a new sign, there's so much to do..."