Verse 1

'Though our time alone was short,
I still hear the birds sing,
We may never have the time,
To see what love to see what love can bring,
Oh my love, I just wanna make you mine'

I will always be there
-Niki Haris

In 1994, teenaged Bonkai are in love, together against the world, as they prepare to escape an oppressive life.

20 years later, a hexed Kol makes a decision in order to preserve his life

Hey guys! Happy October!!! Lately I have been struggling with wanting to delete everything and quit this ish, idk why but here I am again with a fresh idea, in shorter form.

If anyone has seen this movie Urban Legends: Bloody Mary, it's an interesting movie about revenge for a lover done DIRTY. There is this damn song that got stuck in my head and it's a sweet song, at the same time it's haunting because it plays every time some meets a brutal death 🤣 but I love the song, it's called I will always be there by Niki Haris and I've been listening to it for years and just this morning I came up with this idea, so it probably needs more editing but I was afraid I'd drop this idea if I didn't post it 🫢 (don't worry, I'll go back and perfect it!)

~May 9, 1994~

Portland, Oregon

Once the tent was prepared and intact, Bonnie marveled at the fact that she'd done it all on her own without any male muscle or labor, or without the use of the magic she couldn't afford to expend anyway. She put her backpack inside and unrolled two sleeping bags, then set up her herbs and potion vials when she heard a twig snap. She raised a brow and stepped outside of the tent.

The crackle of gravel quietly crunching under shoes as footsteps approached prompted her to prepare her magic. "Babe?" The footsteps stopped and she heard nothing but silence. She stood up and faced the west end of the woods. "Seriously, baby, if that's not you, you better be prepared for the consequences of sneaking up on me,"

Bonnie murmured an enchantment and thrust her hand forward, impelling the intruder forward within her view, only her magic grappled with another source of magic. She immediately recognized it, and strengthened her own, although she was quickly overwhelmed by her mystical adversary. Sturdy arms wrapped around her chest and surprisingly soft lips grazed her earlobes.

"Consequences? Admit it, Bonnie, you don't stand a chance against my magic,"

She bit her lip to suppress a grin as she turned around to look up into the cobalt blue eyes of Malachi Parker, or Kai as he preferred. Her evil menace captivated her no matter the circumstances.

"Oh your magic? You mean Jo's and the twin's?" She teased as she slipped her arms around his neck after he threw his backpack down. "Is that what took you so long to pack?"

"It counts as mine, they're my blood. Close enough. Who's magic do you have?"

"The magic shackles. A Bennett witch created them. So if the coven comes for us,"

"When they do, Bon,"

"We're cloaked until the merge and you have enough magic to last you for the week. We only need three more days, Kai and then we'll be out of here. Still, they can't possibly hate you that much,"