Chapter 34

Chapter 34
Blood, Sweat & Tears
~*~

Katie's POV:

"You told her to salute you when you're not even in uniform?" Derek laughed loudly, making fun of the situation that occurred a while ago.

"Shut up! I didn't know what else to say. I was just surprised that she's here." I groaned, holding back a smile.

"You still know it isn't right to do that. You were not on duty, Captain." He teased, putting emphasis on the word captain.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, it was wrong but she didn't do the right thing too. I just did it to put her in place."

"Put her in place? And where exactly is her place?" He asked, looking at me. I looked back and answered his question.

"Below me." I said in monotone, crossing my arms above my chest. Not caring for the words that come out of my mouth. Derek sighed and rubbed his nape. "Look..."

"God knows what happened that day Katie, but you can't hold a grudge forever. Sooner or later, you will have the heart to forgive her."

"Forgiveness. That is a strong word for someone who put my life on the line to save hers and got me one rank down. I wouldn't hate someone for so long if they would just apologize, Derek." I sighed, uncrossing my arms and looking at him with a forced smile.

"I don't want to interfere no more. How's training with the pack?" He shifted in his seat, changing the topic.

"Same as always. Progress and progress." I answered shortly. "You don't give a fuck do you?"

I laughed. "I do, and I'm telling the truth, it's progress. Nothing much to note."

"Nothing? Even a little small thing?" I thought about it for a moment. Come to think of it, there's this one person who caught my attention.

"There's this girl, I suddenly felt pity towards her." I began.

"Okay?" He leaned in, wanting to hear more.

"She can fight but her mental strength is weak. I told her the first day that if she values her life, she should dodge the punches. She did, at first but she was taken down."

"Your point?" I rolled my eyes, smacking his head, earning a groan from him. "My point is, if someone doesn't say something encouraging to her, she won't progress. It's a hustle. You can't keep relying on someone to say some words and then fight."

"Katie, try putting yourself in her shoes. She's young I presume, with the way she acts. It's her first time being trained and actually getting hurt on purpose." Well considering this pack's reputation and stories, I wouldn't even be surprised if they die on the field.

"She doesn't need your pity, what she needs is your ability to train her. You need to guide her through it. She's like me back then. Young and clueless." I sighed, getting his point.

No one is trained and no one is strong enough to take on even one rogue. My training proves that. They are afraid to get their skin bruised, hate being sweaty and hate being tired.