Melting

In a forest covered in silver snow, a young woman were left alone by her father. Her eyes gloomed as she took shelter under a pine tree, shivering with two layers of clothing to survive from the bitter cold. The hooded women could only accept her fate from here on.

That is the view from the top of the silver pine trees. " Her life won't last long enough. She will surely die within a night, then we can have her . " with a smug smirk he were waiting for the moment he could own her to himself.

" LEAVE THE POOR GIRL ALONE! She already suffered enough being left alone! " I slapped his cheek.

He rubbed his cheek, " THAT TINY HAND OF YOURS HAS THE POWER OF GIANT! SMALL FRY! " the black haired man exclaimed as held my lovely crystal wings by his fingers.

He is surely lucky he is bigger than me, if not I would have hit him far to the moon. It's useless to struggle. He blew cold wind out of his breath, " THIS ISN'T OVER! " I shouted as my body flew away to the mountain. He waved his hand goodbye at me like he won by size.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perfect! Since Dominique is not here, there won't be anyone who will interupt me. I smiled to myself while I came down gently as a snowflake to greet her.

As a gentleman, I gave a welcoming gesture " Were you cold, mila- "When I was about to complete my sentence, THE WOMAN HAS PARTLY DONE BUILDING A STURDY A-FRAME SHELTER. There is even a bale fire already placed made me froze in silence. Uh, why am I here?

The snow fell in a slow pace, as she turned to reveal what's underneath her hood. The soft pale skin with striking amber eyes, hair like the color of pink rose, pointy red nose, and small plump rosy lip. One moment, I thought the snowflakes were flower petals. The sunshine showered her as if it welcomed a spring sprite.

" Who are you? " Her question woke me from fantasy. The way she tilted her head cluelessly were adorable.

I was stunned that I was unable to utter a word for a second. Let's be confident, " Let me introduce myself, I am Vanitas a winter-sprite. Or you might as well know me as the one whom the villagers called Jack Frost. " I tipped my hat to her.From the way she haven't blink showed a good sign. Now, are you afraid?

" Jack Frost? " The branches she has carried fell to ground then the woman approach me with bewilderment.

Regularly, each time the villagers or children who came across me would flee. Why there is someone who doesn't? I slowly stepped back till she suddenly pinned me to pine tree. " WHAT THE- " KABEDON!

" Are you here to kill me? " Her face were too close to mine. She glared intensely into my eyes, I imagined an image of a large lioness. Huh? What am I?

I gave my best smile at her, " Forgive me, there has been a misunderstanding. I am not here to kill you, instead I would like to give you a gift! " Will she buy it?

Her brow furrowed in half believe, she's a hard one. I stripped my fur coat, " Here, put this on. You must be cold to the bone. " I put my coat on her shoulders. Just a small affection lowered her guard down, I have never seen her blushes before. I smiled as I float slowly to the sky, " Tonight will be cold. "

To my surprise she tugged my sleeve, " Thank you, Vanitas." the woman smiled earnestly with her cheek as soft as pink peach.

I never intended to know yet I ask, " What's your name? "

" Jeanne. " the sun made her rose hair turned golden yellow as she spoke.

" 'God Is Gracious', huh. " What a cruel fate, a name fitting for such a pitiful woman who deserved more than she had.