A Christmas Miracle (TayNew)

One day, in the busy city of Hat Yai, there lived a young man named New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun. New is a talented pastry chef and owns the bakery, Bowiee, that is famous throughout Hat Yai. Along with him resides his best friend, Pete Phubodin Rachatrakul, and his eight-year-old daughter, Love Pattranite. New and Pete have been best friends for god knows how long. Before Love came, New witnessed everything, including the death of Love's mother.

Pete became New's business partner. They both run the bakery together and helped each other recover from their heartaches. New doesn't see Pete in a romantic way and vice versa. But Love has been a fan of the idea that Pete and New would end up together.

Christmas has always been the busiest time of the year especially in the bakery. Even so, New likes it because he keeps on piling up work to run the business properly (or so he says). Though New doesn't say anything, Pete knows that the former has been deeply scarred with his breakup with Earth. Ever since then, New just kept himself busy and didn't want to engage in social interactions other than the customers in the bakery and with Pete and Love.

"Merry Christmas, and see you soon!" New greets his loyal customer, Mrs. Ruangroj, who has a son around his age, Singto Prachaya, who became a good friend of his.

"Your bakery has always been the best kept secret in Hat Yai!" Mrs. Ruangroj praises him with delight. She has been a fan of their pastries ever since it opened.

New smiles, "Oh? Well, then I'm counting on you to spread the word." They laugh together, "Take care, Mrs. Ruangroj. Please greet Singto for me."

New turns around and walks back to the counter, "City Hall needs this by 5:00. How are we doing?"

"Ready when you are, boss." Pete salutes at him, making New chuckle. Pete continues to fix the cake tower to be delivered at the City Hall. Aside from running the bakery, they also accept orders from VIP, which gives them so much credit that's why they become known.

New cheers, "And that's why Pete Phubodin Rachatrakul is the best sous chef in the business!" Making Pete stop him from the compliments. New is known for his honest opinions and genuine remarks. Even though Pete knows that, it still makes him shy.

As the two get back to their work, the door of the bakery chimes, indicating a presence of a person. It reveals Love, who just came back from her dance class. "Dad!" She calls Pete, making New look too.

"Hey there, my princess, how's the dance?" Pete hugs her, "Did you not get hurt?"

Love shakes her head, "No, dad! Everything's fine! We did The Nutcracker today." As she removes herself from Pete, she runs toward New, "Hi P'New! Are there any red velvet cupcakes left for your favorite goddaughter?" Love asks, giggling at him.

New chuckles, "Oh come, Love. You are my only goddaughter." New grabs something from behind, "Here are your red velvet cupcakes, mademoiselle." New bows as if greeting Love like a royal which makes the three of them laugh together.

Love takes a bite of the cupcake and faces his father, "Dad, aren't you telling him the news?" She asks, making New ask them back.

Pete, on the other hand, scratches his nape as if trying to figure out how to tell New about it. New probes him and of course, Pete gives in.

Pete finally gathers his thoughts, "New, do you remember the Christmas baking contest you were always talking about?" New hums. Before Pete can continue, Love explains, "The really fancy one at that Christmas bazaar in Chiang Mai?"

Love continues, "That only the best pastry chefs in the entire world get invited to? And it's on TV?"

"Well, when you broke up with Earth, I wanted to cheer you up so I sent in a photo and our recipe for the Christmas tower cake and," Pete explains and hands New the red envelope that looks way more expensive than any of the pastries in the bakery, "Tada~!"