XXXVII. LAST NIGHT ALIVE

Tk was walking around the main floor with Erica

Tk was walking around the main floor with Erica. Max and Lucas were on the other floor, they were looking for vecna with their lanterns. Erica and Tk walk under the chandelier in the hallway, that's when the lanterns shine the brightest.

Erica went to go tell Lucas and Tk went to tell max. When they all walked back downstairs Erica's lantern that they left there was getting bright.

"Phase one?" Erica wrote on the notepad that she had since they weren't allowed to talk. She showed it to the two boys, who nodded and she left the house.

Tk and Lucas were sitting across from downstairs while Max was walking around. Tk had his walkman playing and they weren't doing anything, he got quite bored of that.

"hi, Luke" he turned the cards around so Lucas could read them.

Lucas wrote "hi, cosmo" with a simple smiley face next to it.

He flipped his page so he could write something else. "I'm glad I'm here with you, even under the circumstances"

"Me too!" Lucas smiled as he showed his boyfriend before going to write something else. "Our spot Friday?"

Tk pretended to think before turning his attention to the paper. Lucas leaned forward to try and get a look at whatever he was writing but Tk pulled the notepad close to his chest and shook his head.

When Tk turned it around it was shown that he drew a picture, it was of the two of them at Sattlers quarry eating rice crispy treats and reading comic books, he also drew the big and little dipper in the sky.

Lucas smiled at the picture and Tk was excited that after all the monster fighting they would finally be able to have one normal day together. but all good things must come to an end.

The boys were interrupted when a flashing light came in through the window and at the same time, Max had just entered the room. the trio gets up to look out the window, they see that the flashing was erica. Lucas flashes his flashlight at her so she knows they got the message.

It was now time for phase two; distracting vecna. The three of them walk into the room where Vecna resigned. Tk looks at Max and she nods telling him that it was okay as she takes off her headphones and pauses her music, Tk following after.

"Hey! asshole! were here ''Max shouted at the lantern.

"no more music. no more games" Tk cuts in but no reaction from vecna. "Come on!  What are you waiting for? huh? we're right here! Do you want us or not!"

The lantern that was in the living room stops glowing brightly and then Max's lantern starts to glow brightly. They slowly followed the lantern up the stairs to the attic. When they get to the middle of the attic, that's where the light shines the brightest. and then it disappears.

"What are you waiting for, asshole? hmm? we're right here. I'm right here! I know you can hear me. I know you can read my thoughts. even the worst ones. maybe most of the worst ones" max sets the lantern on the ground along with her walkman before sitting with her legs crossed in front of it.