Introduction

BY INFERNO'S LIGHT

a percy jackson story

sequel to

WALK WITH THE SHADOWS

🟣 #1 in Son of Neptune

🟣 #1 in Proserpina

On nights his missing girlfriend didn't keep him awake, Alex's nightmares did the trick.

He had never been happier at Camp Half-Blood. Months into Alex's tenure as Chiron's right hand man, he kept busy balancing new recruits like the Roman demigod Jason Grace, the growing concerns over the Prophecy of Seven, and more than anything else, the escalating fear over Percy Jackson's disappearance. Being busy distracted him from pining for Ophelia. She'd not been seen in months.

For the past few months, he had tried to justify his nightmares with stress. But the recurring celestial bronze and platinum bow he'd never seen with waking eyes pointed towards something a bit more prophetic. And the distinctly Underworld dread supported this too.

Alex was almost excited when one night, the reappearance of a familiar and yet altogether different Queen of the Underworld interrupted the horrible dreams. He owed her everything.

Unfortunately for Alex, she knows this. And Proserpina doesn't drop by for social calls.

IN WHICH A REDEEMED SON OF HERMES

repays a debt to the goddess who saved his lover's life