Month of Pain

(Hm)

--

Wells and Blyke were sitting in the library, the former with a newspaper and the latter with a book, studying for an exam. "What'cha reading there?" Blyke asked Wells.

"Some news about some of these 'superheroes' dying. Also some stock fluctuations but eh." Wells said, not taking his eyes off of the paper.

Blyke did a non-commital hum as he kept studying. A few minutes pass as a newcomer places their books on the table, complaining about the sheer quantity of exams.

"Remi!" Blyke says, surprised to see her. "When did ya get back?" He asks, placing his book down on the table.

"Late last night." She answered quickly as she sat down. "Alright, so, fill me in for what happened last week. Also hi, Wells." Wells just gave her a lazy wave as he continued reading the newspaper.

"Nothin' much, believe it or not. We won Turf Wars against Agwin, Seraphina substituting you as Queen. Also! This is a secret only Royals can know about-"

"Yeah yeah Seraphina beat Arlo's ass. Blyke it's been the daily gossip around here since this morning, are you really that entrapped in your Echo Chamber?" Wells said, placing down his newspaper.

"What?! How did they..." Blyke said, flabberghasted. Wells simply shrugged.

"Sheesh, it's about time they fought eachother! They've been having beef since like, forever! Anyway, whatever. What they do is none of my business." Remi dismissed the clearly shocking news.

"Eh?! But you're Queen, it's kinda your job to split them up whenever that happens." Blyke questioned.

"Oh come on, Blyke, we both know that I only have the title of Queen because Seraphina doesn't want it! She, Arlo and Wells are in a completely different level! I'm not getting involved in their problems anymore." Remi gave her two cents, completely forgetting that Wells was there.

"You...you do know I'm here, right?" Wells asked with no hint of anger, only confusion.

"Eh?! I'm sorry-" "No no, it's fine." Remi wanted to start apologizing, but Wells interrupted, shrugging his shoulders. "We're far enough apart that, when any of us fight against eachother, it looks like titans clashing to you guys -- not to toot my own horn here."

There was a peaceful silence for a while as Blyke decided to end it. "So, why did you go home? You left so fast without warning and..."

Remi was frozen in shock and post-traumatic stress disorder, her hands trembling.

"Re-" Blyke wanted to call her name but his mouth clamped shut, courtesy of Wells giving himself the status of Telekinetic.

[Gave Entity: "User." Status: "Expert Telekinetic."]

Wells faced Blyke as he did the universal sign of 'shut up'.

Remi had tears threatening to pour down, as she -- in a broken voice -- elaborated. "I went home...to attend a funeral...because my brother was murdered."

--

"Alright class, I will now start to hand out your report cards!" The teacher said, organizing some papers on his desk.

John was sitting down, fiddling with a traditional pencil.

**

"John, are you okay?"

"Here, let me help you."

**

Snap! John's pencil broke in half as he exerted too much force on it. At the same time, the teacher called John's name along with the threat of reading his grades out loud.