Chapter Three: When We Fell In Love

Chapter Three

	Artemis stood in front of her mirror as she pulled on one of her older sweaters

Artemis stood in front of her mirror as she pulled on one of her older sweaters. The sun had just gone down and with it Alice had gotten a new vision, one of Victoria. She would be running through the woods soon.

Artemis was wearing black leggings and tennis shoes. She doesn't own hiking clothes. It was just not something she ever did. And sure being in the woods with hiking clothes when they went hunting would be easier to explain but Artemis was fast enough and her hearing range wide enough to have never been caught.

She pulled her hair back into a ponytail to keep it out of her face before she walked out of her bedroom door. Artemis spotted Jasper at the bottom of the stairs with his back facing her.

Artemis smirked as she ran down the stairs and jumped on his back. Jasper let out a noise of surprise before turning his head slightly.

"What are you doing?" Jasper asked. Artemis shrugged before hopping off his back with a bright smile. The rest of the family noticed she had been more relaxed since Edward left, leaving them to feel guilty.

They had been just as shocked as Artemis when Edward had come home with the news. Carlisle had to leave the room when his anger had taken over. He didn't want to say something he would regret, yet the more he thought about it the more he wished he had talked with Edward.

He loved his pseudo son but he had never wanted to hurt someone more than in that moment when he saw the tears fall from Artemis's eyes before rushing out the door. Emmett didn't have time to do more than glare before he followed Artemis.

Jasper had been so overwhelmed by the negative feelings of everyone in the room Alice had to remove him. It had left Rosalie and Esme. Rosalie had scoffed loudly and declared him the stupidest man the world had ever seen before leaving in a huff.

Esme had expressed her disappointment in her facial expressions before leaving to find Carlisle. One thing Artemis didn't know was the fact they had barely spoken to Edward for a month after the interaction.

Emmett had ripped his arm off when he had spoken to him the first time after Artemis had left. The others simply avoided him. Esme was the first to cave, soon followed by Alice. Carlisle had acted civilly but it wasn't hard to know all the words he thought when Edward could read minds.

Something the young vampire had never hated more than when he could hear what Carlisle had truly thought in those moments.

It didn't take long to get to the location Alice had seen where Victoria was gonna be. Artemis saw the flash of red and took off the same way. It took less than five seconds for the others to take off after the two.

Artemis was the fastest in the Cullen coven. It probably had to do with the fact she was the first vampire in existence. She jumped from rock to rock, avoiding trees. She was way ahead of her family, she cursed when she saw Victoria jump over to the other side of the treaty line.