5

"Bri how about we spend summer up at the lake house?" Aurora looked over at Bri as she poured another glass of wine. The girls had text me as I was leaving the library inviting me over for a dinner party with the boys.  I had agreed on the promise I could bring Poppy and they had been more than happy to oblige if it meant I would be there. 

I had gotten here earlier than I had told Pops to get here so the girls didn't feel like she was taking over the night. 

"Oh those 2 weeks last summer were nice." I said checking my phone. I was really hoping she got here before the boys. I didn't fancy engaging with him again. 

"That actually sounds perfect. I'll ring my dad and let them know." Bri smiled before throwing the now empty bottle in her trash can.

There was a knock at Bri's front door and I jumped to grab it. 

"Expecting someone else?" I sighed and rolled my eyes before opening the door further so Sebastian and his friends could come in.  

"Loz, your phones ringing." Rory shouted from the kitchen before squealing when she saw Everett. I grabbed it from her hand and answering. Sebastian stared at me and I gave him the middle finger before walking towards the front door.

"Hey Pops" 

"Hey I think I'm outside but I'm not sure." 

"I'll come down hold on." I stepped out of the door, closing it behind me.  "Did you just see a group of guys come in?"

"Yeah 4 of them?" 

"Yeah you're here, hold on I'm just coming down the stairs." I hung up the phone and pulled down the sleeve on my dress that had been slowly rising before pulling the building door open. Poppy stood before me in a red dress with a white high neck long sleeve shirt under it. I smiled that she understood Rory's dressy instructions. 

We sat down at the table and Bri put the bowl of pasta and a salad in the middle of the table with the rest of the food bowls

We sat down at the table and Bri put the bowl of pasta and a salad in the middle of the table with the rest of the food bowls. It was a rectangle table with 4 of us sat at either side. I was sat at the end of one side, Poppy next to me and Mason next to her and Everett next to him. On the other side, Rory, Bri, Sebastian and then Hudson sat opposite me. 

"That's him." I leaned in and whispered in Poppy's ear whilst everyone was distracted talking about the food. 

"Yeah he looks like a cocky twat." Poppy whispered back causing me to laugh. Everyone turned and looked and I slapped my lips shut. I watched as Aurora and Brianna looked between each other then back at me, their brows low. I put a fork full of pasta into my mouth and everyone returned to their conversation. Poppy started giggling at how awkward it was. 

"Were going to spend the summer up at Bri's lake house." Rory said to Everett as it went quieter at the table. 

"Yeah we were going to ask everyone to come up with us. Its big enough and will be a nice break for us all." Poppy must have felt me tense up when she whispered in my ear. 

"Don't worry if he say's he'll come I will too. You won't have to deal with him alone." I turned and smiled at her, mouthing thank you quickly. I glanced over at Sebastian who was staring at me. I lifted my hand to my mouth pushing in some salad.

"Yeah I'll come." He said not taking his eyes off me. He had this look on his face that was hard to identify. His brows very slightly lowered like he was angry but his lips tugged up into a very slight barely there smile. 

"I'll come too if you don't mind Bri." Poppy looked up the table and Bri nodded. Poppy was pretty confident around new people that's for sure. She had jumped head first into us over the past 10 hours and it already felt like she had been here from the start. 

By the time the meal was over and Hudson was moving plates, 2 hours had passed and I had barely felt Sebastian move his eyes from me the whole night.  This guy really was a stalker. 

"Where's the bathroom?" Poppy asked looking around. I smiled pointing down the hallway. She left, leaving just me and Sebastian in the dining room. 

"I didn't know you batted for the other team now." He sat back in his chair crossing his arms practically the second Poppy had left. That charming character he had in front of the other girls, suddenly gone. 

"I don't she's a new friend." I sat leant forward taking a sip of the wine in my glass and placed it back on the table. 

"Oh so you are single?" I raised my eyebrows at him. 

"What's it to you if I'm with someone or not." I scoffed, crossing my arms again defensively. 

"Nothing sweetheart I'm just curious." I cringed and screwed up my face. 

"I'm not your sweetheart."

"I know I just love watching it freak you out." His smile grew bigger now. Like he was proud of the effects he had on me. "So tell me Elora, how long until you got your next boyfriend or did I ruin it for you?"

"What makes you think I'd tell you anything about my love life." He shrugged his shoulders. 

"Well you don't want my pity, you made that very clear and we can't sit here in silence." 

"Oh I'd much rather it." I nodded my head sarcastically. 

"Why am I getting on your nerves?" He leaned forward, getting as close as he could by leaning across the table. I copied him, bringing our faces within inches of each other. I've had enough of this shit now. 

"You fucking wish you were getting on my nerves because then you'd think I still cared." I tilted my head "Shame I don't." I pushed my chair backwards with my foot and stood up straight, pulling my dress down slightly before walking out of the room. I saw Poppy walking down the hall as I pulled my cigarettes from my bag and pulled her out the front door to join me. I knew tonight wasn't over yet but I really needed a moment to calm myself before facing him again. 

"You smoke?" Poppy asked as I lit up out on the street "You're a lot more badass than I thought." She chuckled as I offered her one and she took me up on the offer.

"He's such a prick." I let out as the smoke left my mouth. "Cheeky twat asked me if I had a boyfriend or if he had 'ruined love for me' " I mimicked him and snarled as I did so. "That was after he said I was your girlfriend by the way." Poppy started cackling as she drew in a breath of smoke.

"Oh he is barking up at the completely wrong tree there." I raised my eyebrows and took another drag, leaning back against the wall. Poppy gave me a glance, staring at the glass entrance to the building and going quiet.  I looked up and saw Hudson and Sebastian coming out of the building. We stood silently as the door opened. 

"I dunno man something about her. I know the version of her I knew is in there." Sebastian rambled. Poppy started laughing, breaking our in plain sight cover. His face dropped and they both stopped dead in their tracks. Hudson had a pack of cigarettes in his hand, explaining them being out here. I stubbed out my cigarette and Poppy took her final drag before doing the same. 

We started walking back into the building and I let Poppy in first before turning back to the boys who were stood in the middle of the path awkwardly staring at each other. 

"She's not Sebastian. She left when you did." I let the door slam closed and walked back up the stairs.