Hiding the Past -hotel Motel Dam Sanctum (8-03-2018)

As they stood on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant, Justin passed up and down. Clenching his fist in his pockets and gritting his teath. Holding back on all the things he wanted to say. Milo slowly began to speak in hopes of calming the other down. "As far as I could tell, she has given you no reason not to trust her."

This was beyond Milo's comprehension. In general, he had an excellent understanding of how to read others. And as the one who changed Justin, he should have known him perfectly.

Justin spat, "I do trust her," In frustration, he pointed at the door. "I don't trust him."

Still, Milo couldn't fathom why the two of them couldn't communicate better. It almost seemed like something was trying to deliberately impede their understanding of one another. There should have been an unspoken bond between Justin and himself. At the very least for the first year. Even saying things outright didn't seem to work. "I've known Grendel for quite some time. He's not a threat to you in any way."

If he had wanted to, he could have explained to Justin why he shouldn't fret over Grendel. But even now he had an unnatural knowledge of him, it wasn't his place to speak of it. Even though he was a flirt, he rarely seriously pursued a sexual relationship with someone whose death wasn't imminent.

"You'll have to believe me then," Milo replied bluntly. "He wouldn't harm Amy in any way. He would be wise to remember how you feel so long as the syer bond is in place." At least, that's how things ought to have operated. Given the peculiar nature of the situation, he was unsure of what kind of psychic concision the two had.

Justin's passing and puffing slowed, and it appeared as though he was almost taking in what Milo was telling him. Then Grendel left the restaurant, arms linked with Amy. It appeared she had been weeping before leaving the restaurant. Milo signed in anticipation of what was to come next. No good deed goes unpunished, Milo told himself before Justin blew up.

"You see!" Justin shouted, his anger reaching a boiling point. "He's making her cry! I knew it! I knew he couldn't be trusted!"

Milo tried to calm him down, but it was clear that Justin was not going to listen. "Justin, please, calm down. I understand you're upset, but let's not make a scene here. Let's go talk to them and see what's going on."

Justin shook his head, still fuming. "No, I can't trust him. I can't let him near her anymore. I'll handle this myself." With that, he stormed towards Grendel and Amy, ready to confront them.

Milo sighed, knowing that this situation was not going to end well. He quickly followed behind Justin, hoping to prevent any further conflict. "Justin, please, let's just talk to them and see what's going on. Don't let your emotions get the best of you."

But it was too late. Justin had already reached Grendel and Amy, and the situation was quickly escalating. Milo tried to intervene, but it was clear that Justin was not going to listen to reason. The situation was rapidly spiraling out of control, and Milo knew that there was nothing he could do to stop it.

 The situation was rapidly spiraling out of control, and Milo knew that there was nothing he could do to stop it