two, camp tour and bursting pipes

( 002. ) ─── camp tour and bursting pipes
— 𐬿 •. 𖤐

Since the arrival of the new kid, Ivy had been running back and forth between camp activities and the infirmary. She had taken it upon herself to help Annabeth take care of him and inform Grover of his condition when he wasn't around. She didn't know why she felt so strongly about wanting to help him, figuring maybe it was just the fact that her heart was too soft. Or, it could be that she was extremely curious about why he was in her most recent vision. Regardless, here she was.

She spent the past two days changing shifts with Annabeth, alternating between feeding him ambrosia pudding and using some healing magic she had learned. It tired her out, resulting in frequent naps throughout the day. Kali and Kaiden would come check up on her in between camp activities, bringing snacks smuggled into camp by the Stoll brothers.

Today was one of the nicer days at camp. There was no sign of clouds in the sky, contrasting the weather from two days ago. The gentle breeze carried the smell of sun baked strawberries across camp, enveloping it in its usual warm feeling. The sun shone brightly, like Apollo himself was gracing the camp.

Ivy trekked across the the field to the Big House with Roswell by her side, planning to check on Percy when the sound of voices distracted her. Chiron exited the farmhouse followed by a wide eyed Percy who glanced nervously at the centaurs back end.

"Looks like my nursing duties are over now. I'm gonna miss the lovely smell of sterile products and overwashed bedsheets." Ivy called out to the duo, making her way over. "Good afternoon Ivy." Chiron smiled at her. "Percy, this is Ivy Novak. She assisted along with Annabeth in nursing you back to health." he stepped aside and Roswell wasted no time in rushing towards the boy. "Roswell no!" Ivy attempted to grab him, but he'd already made his way to Percy.

The ghost of the molossian hound ran staright through Percy, making him screech and fall to the ground. "Shit, you okay? I'm so sorry he's just-" "It's okay." Percy offered her a small shaky smile, and it eased Ivy's embarrasment a little. She offered her hand to the boy and pulled him to stand. "Thanks." he said, brushing away grass from his pants. Roswell barked in glee, and Ivy glared at him.

"Are you alright?" Chiron questioned to which Percy responded with a nod. "Okay, well- oh." the centaur sighed, his gaze settling on a group of campers who seemed to be in a heated argument. "Ivy dear, would you please do me a favour and show Percy around. I must deal with a, small issue." he looked down at the brunette. "Of course Chiron, it's the least I could do after what Ros did. c'mon new kid." Ivy beckoned Percy to follow her as she started towards camp.

     "Alright, so first stop on our tour, the volleyball court!" she pointed towards the pit of sand. The campers stopped their game and watched after the two, nudging each other and leaning in to whisper to one another. Ivy noticed the way Percy looked down at his minotaur horn to avoid their gaze, and Ivy turned to glare at them. She made sure her eyes glowed the way they usually did when she used her powers, and it had the desired effect. The campers quickly looked away, stumbling as they returned to their previous game. Ivy smiled in triumph.

     Percy semmed to have noticed their hurried movements and gave her a thankful nod, turning to look at the Big House. "What's up there?" he nodded his head up at the top story of the farmhouse. "Uh, theres really nothing. It's just used as a place where kids store stuff from quests, like your minotaur horn." Ivy said, hoping Percy didn't sense the small lie. It wasn't that she didn't want to tell him, but she didn't know if Chiron would want that. Plus he'd been through a lot the past few days. Having to explain that whole ordeal would be another issue. Percy eyed her suspiciously for a moment before he caught sight of the field ahead of them.