Never Again...

At 18, Hitoshi and Izuku were already on ruff terms with the hero commission. The only thing between them and jail is a certain rat demon and tired father-figure. Ya see, Hitoshi and Izuku, better and formerly known as- Green Rabbit and Mind-Master- were offered a chance to become real heroes.

But if they fucked it up, it was jail for vigilantism. Izuku wanted to protest, having developed a hatred for the hero job, his 'brother' Hitoshi has always dreamed of this. However, the purple haired insomniac wouldn't accept the offer if Izuku was left in jail to rot.

So, Izuku (mostly not wanting to spend the next 10 years in prison with the same villains he helped lock up), decided- 'Fuck it, heroes be damned, if Hitoshi wants this I'll support him'

Because of this past record, Hitoshi and Izuku were in no position to turn down any assignments. And despite this, both were HELL BENT on not helping on this raid.

Aizawa tried to be logical and say that this was gonna be their last mission. (It was, and after this they'd be freed from the hero commission's watchful glare.)

Nedzu tried to offer a raise. Saying he'd pay them double the other heroes, even tripple.

Endeavor even threatened jail time or death.

THEY. DID. NOT. BUDGE!

And it was because of ONE person-

"Dr. Emily..." The two answered. Ya see, these two didn't have a... nice... childhood. One born quirkless, the other born with a 'villainous' quirk. Both sold to a research lab, by their parents for a fat ton of money, at only 5 years old each.

For 10 fucking long years, they were treated as lab rats. They weren't the only ones either, they were just the only survivors...

So they'll die and go to hell before they go back. They dared Endeavor to burn them, saying 'Do it! We've NEVER GOING BACK THERE!'

Nedzu understood their pain. The rat demon was the only reason they weren't in prison right now. Nedzu knew what it felt like to be treated like a glorified science experiment. Not a person- or in his case- equal.

But Dr. Emily needed to be stopped. She was planning something big. And Hitoshi & Izuku were the only ones who knew that facility. Finally, after literal WEEKS of begging, bribing, and threatening. The two reluctantly agreed to help.

The two were to lead a team of heroes into the facility, locate the targets (Dr. Emily was experimenting with more children. This being their reason for agreeing to help.) That place was hell, like they'd let anyone else live there or die there EVER again.

So here they were. As soon as they got the signal. They broke down the wall. No one understood how a quirkless person and someone with a non-offensive quirk, could burst through concrete walls like they were pebbles. The credit for that goes to Dr. Emily and her sick experiments.

Izuku growled as he passed by some old rooms he'd recognized. Their fellow lab rats' rooms. Places where they heard screams of pain and begs for mercy through all hours of the night. Hitoshi shuttered at the memories too.

All the more reason to save these next kids. And STOP THIS BITCH FROM EVER HURTING ANYONE EVER AGAIN. Izuku and Hitoshi- thanks to some... painful... surgeries- heard a young girl scream in pain. A faint-

"PLEASE MISS EMILY STOP!!!"

Izuku and Hitoshi froze. The heroes behind them, nearly falling right into them- "THIS WAY!"- The two former vigilantes yelled in ulsion. The heroes took a moment to right themselves as the two- now- 19 years olds dashed at a near 90 degree angle.

In just those few moments alone, Izuku and Hitoshi were far ahead. Even Aizawa, the first of the heroes to right himself, had trouble keeping up- "Slow down! Mind-Master! Green Rabbit! WAIT UP!"

Aizawa knew it was a fruitless effort. The two were too damn focused on saving the kids in this hellhole. Aizawa skidded to a hult, when a metal door CLANGED shut in front of him. Blocking him off from Hitoshi and Izuku. Aizawa's eyes widened, as a realization hit-

"It was a trap... For them..."