-1-

The sound of muttering and scratching could be heard throughout the air of the alley way.

The girl who muttered as she walked was orphaned when she was six but remembers it clear as day. It happened so quickly.

Five years ago...

A little girl with black hair was hugging her corgi while crying. She had just been beaten by her father again. In the moment of the girl rubbing her eyes...

The corgi turned grey, cracking before turning into nothing more than... A pile of dust.

The crying girl stared in confusion and fear at the dog. Then a bigger girl with black hair in pigtails approached her little sister, apologising for blaming her for something she did to avoid a beating.

That was before she saw the dog turn to dust.

She screamed in terror of her sister, who couldn't speak from all the crying and her allergies acting up again. The girl grabbed the back of her older sister's shirt, trying to beg for help as she turned to dust as well.

Her once black hair, turned a light faded blue.

The mother and grandparents saw this from the patio not too far away. Her mother ran to her, trying to get her to calm down and comfort her youngest, and now; only child. Her grandparents approached to comfort their granddaughter too.

The confused girl placed a hand onto the ground, reaching her other one out. The ground below her hand split and cracked.

"I hate you all." The girl croaked. She blamed them for all the beatings she would get. They never helped her. Only after.

Just as the mother reached her daughter, she collapsed into a pile of dust. The grandparents did the same.

"Y/N..." The father muttered after seeing the carnage.

In a flash the said girl dashed to her father with impossible reflexes and an arm outstretched at him. She jumped up and slammed her father onto the ground, both hands on his face.

Her father's death was a murder, her family's death... It was a freak accident.

She'd been living on the streets for a few weeks since that, nobody wanted to help the poor girl because of her dried, flakey skin and creepy face.

She was found by a man with red eyes and white hair. He saved her, gave her the fake hand of her father, fed her, gave her gloves with her pinky and ring finger exposed, and treated her allergies. He cared for her... Loved her.

He changed her name from Y/N Shimura..

To Y/N Shigaraki.

That was his last name.

He adopted her.

She was his daughter. And he was her dad.

But.. he died when she was ten... She thought it was her punishment for killing her family who she truly loved really..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~•«»•~\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soft hooting was heard from above the dark alley way.

Tilting your head you stare up at the owl as it got comfortable on the wall above you.

'An owl..? In this part of Japan?' you thought to yourself before noticing it had a letter around it's claw.

Your ruby red eye shone in wonderment as you reached out to the bird. You grabbed the letter before hesitantly petting the bird, despite wearing your gloves.

Carefully opening up the letter you read it slowly.

Miss Y/N Shigaraki
Wherever this letter may
find you.
Kimono ward, Japan

Dear miss Shigaraki.
You have been accepted into Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

'Witches and wizards?' You thought as you scratched lightly at your neck before adjusting the hand mask on your face.

You skimmed over the rest of the letter, learning that you need to travel to the city of London in England and school starts in September.

Learned that you needed to buy your equipment in a place called 'Diagon Alley' and get onto a train from a platform called 'platform 9 3/4'.

You stood still for a moment before running back to the abandoned building you've been living in, scratching your neck anxiously as you went.

"I hope I don't accidentally turn someone into dust when I get there..." You muttered.

You'd never been outside of Japan and we're very nervous. You got home and fell asleep on the mattress on the floor after removing the mask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all! How was the first official chapter of Dust Piles?

I hope you guys will enjoy this book as I'm already enjoying writing this.